If your group, family, fraternity, or sorority is having a Halloween bash or attending one, you should be wearing group costumes that all match one central theme. One such theme that would be a great hit and easy to create is a Dr. Seuss group costume theme. Here are some costume essentials to help you create Dr. Seuss group costumes.
1. Cat in the Hat: To make the Cat in the Hat group costume, you will need an old tuxedo outfit that you can buy in a thrift store, if there isn’t one in your closet. Add a red bowtie and purchase the striped top-hat from a costume shop and your costume is complete. A long black tail attached to your belt in the back is a nice finishing touch.
2. Fox in Sox: You can bed recreate this red character with a red sweatsuit. Ass blue booties or rubber bottomed socks and blue mittens too.
3. The Lorax: This is another fuzzy Dr. Seuss character that is easy to recreate. All you need is a yellow sweatsuit and a large fuzzy yellow mustache that you can make from fabric found at the craft store. It would be fun to use yellow face paint and yellow spray on hair coloring as well.
4. The Grinch: Dr. Seuss really liked fuzzy characters! For this one, you will need green face paint and green spray in hair color to recreate the look. Besides that, you can use a Santa Claus suit (his most memorable outfit) with the hat, and black outliner to to accentuate forehead wrinkles and furrowed eyebrows.
5. Daisy Head Maysie: This costume can be created with a frilly pink dress from your closet and a wide white sash for the waist. Then attach a large felt daisy (with a pipe cleaner stem) to a headband.
6. Things: You can have as many thing costumes as you please. This is especially fun for a large family with small kids… you number them until you run out of kids! For this costume, you will need blue wigs, red one-piece pajamas or sweatsuits, and white piece of card stock paper cut in a circle with Thing 1, thing 2, thing 3 and so forth, written on it.