Antique dinnerware is all the rage these days as it is becoming harder and harder to find quality pieces that are beautiful and functional. There are several options when it comes to finding pieces of antique dinnerware either for display or use.
1. One option is online auction sites like ebay.com. With online auction sites you can bid on items across the world to find exactly what you are looking for. It is even easy to find entire sets of china or dinnerware. Prices generally stay low for items that aren’t of any particular significance but you also have the ability to bid on rare or expensive items at lower prices. The major benefit to online auction sites is that you can set your own price, you can bid as high or as low as you want and the competitive spirit is entertaining as well.
2. Another option is yard sales. Some of the best things I’ve bought have come from yard sales. With sales like this it is easy to find inexpensive things that the previous owner just wants to get rid of. You may not always be able to find an entire set but you are likely to find individual pieces that are great. Sometimes you can even haggle with the seller to negotiate an even lower price.
3. Auctions are another great option. You can check your newspaper for local estate sales or auctions that are going on in your area or close to where you live. At these auctions it is not uncommon to find pieces that are old, valuable, and incredibly beautiful. The prices at an auction have the potential to be higher than they do on the internet or at a yard sale but the items you can find are well worth it.
4. Antique or secondhand stores are also another great option. Not all things at an antique store are expensive and sometimes you can come across a great piece that isn’t all that expensive. With secondhand stores like consignment or booth oriented stores you can find loads of great stuff for a fraction of the price.
5. Lastly, sometimes family members have great stuff hidden in trunks or attics or garages. Odds are there is someone in your family that keeps just about everything and occasionally just asking can get you some great items.
With any of these options the opportunities to find great antique dinnerware are endless. Just look around and you might end up finding that piece that can finish your eclectic dinner setting or send you to an early retirement.