This is a fun and inexpensive craft for kids and adults. If you are a crafter, you may not need to buy anything but the tags. It is also very quick. You can have a mountain of tags in under 15 minutes. These pretty little tags would be great for “Santa” gifts!
1 pkg. of gift tags ( $1.99 for 20 tags at Michael’s) or card stock
stamps, small enough to fit on the tags
markers or pen
curling ribbon, optional
scrap paper for trying out the stamp
hole punch, if using card stock
1. If you are using card stock, cut tags to 4 inches x 2 1/2 inches, or any desired shape and size. A plastic shape template, used in scrapbooking will also work.
2. Punch a hole in the left hand side.
3. Choose a stamp that is small enough to fit on the tag. Gently press the stamp into the ink pad. Try the stamp on a scrap sheet of paper. If you like the color and design, press into the ink pad again. Now, gently press the stamp onto the tag.
4. Allow tag to dry. While the first one is drying, finish the other tags.
5. If you want to add color to the picture, use a marker or paint. Again. allow the tag to dry.
6. Use letter stamps, or write “to” and “from” on the tags.
7. Allow to dry.
Instead of putting the traditional “to”and “from”, stamp the recipient’s name on the tag. Embossing pads and glitter will add extra sparkle to this project.
8. Thread the ribbon, about 6 inches, through the hole. Tie a knot. Carefully, curl the ribbon with the scissors.
9. Your project is complete.