Well ladies, because of you and I, the makeup industry is big business and new products and applications hit the market all the time. Some we will love (think waterproof mascara) others we will toss in the bottom drawer (think black lip liner). Instant eyeshadow is the latest makeup experiment. Will it be a raving success like mineral powder products or disappear like roll on lip-gloss? Learn a little more about instant eyeshadow, try it out and then decide.
What Is Instant Eyeshadow?
Instant eyeshadow is ready to use when it arrives in your mailbox. The eyeshadow comes ready to use on small ovals of transfer paper. Instant eyeshadows are mineral powders and are good for your skin. They come in kits that contain multiple shadows. Pads may have one or multiple colors. You could even get wild and experiment with a jungle or camouflage print. Manufacturers advertise instant shadow as hygienic because you can toss them away and will never need to use brushes for applications. These colorful alternatives are made one-size fits all and works on all eye types.
How to Apply the Eyeshadow?
1. Apply eye primer to your clean eye area.
2. Close one eye and lean into a well-lit mirror.
3. Center the oval pad on the eye, using the lash line as a guide.
4. Press the oval down on the eye pad using your index and fore finger.
5. Use your other hand and rub the appliqué on to your skin by pressing down on the eye.
6. Start rubbing from the inner corner of the eye and work outward.
7. Peel away the appliqué and toss the pad away.
8. Tap the colors gently with your fingers to blend them.
9. Dab the brush that came in your kit in the setting powder.
10. Sweep the powder over your eye.
11. Apply your eyeliner and mascara.
Where to Buy Instant Eyeshadow?
While these eyeshadow products are not at your local pharmacy, yet, you can still pick up one to try. For a minimal investment of a pack of eyeshadow applicators you can get a variety pack. Try these online retailers to find these nifty makeup products.
Coloron Pro has a dozens of colors to use like mystical metallics, smoky eye looks and even fluorescent shimmers. Buy a pack of 20 for $20-30 plus shipping. For a really wild like, select the zebra or leopard print. Go soft pink or deep blue with Coloron Pro.
Everyday women love Avon Cosmetics. The company’s “In a Wink” Instant Eyeshadow comes in a multipack of colors. The multipack includes a variety of shade combinations like Pink Wink, Look at Me Lavender and Blues in a Blink. Pick this pack up for less than $10.
Eye Majic Instant eyeshadows from Japonesque are a little pricey but the color looks are perfect. Wear Natural Brown, Smoky Grey, Slate Coral or Copper Green. You get two pair for $5.90 each, plus shipping.
So are instant eyeshadows a hit or a miss? You give them a sweep on and test them out for yourself. Removal is simple. Use your regular eye makeup remover or some baby oil. Test a set before wearing them out to make sure you do not suffer with weird makeup allergies.