There are a wide range of apps for the iPhone that are dedicated to the topic of cuisine. For those who can cook or those who do not know how, these apps can make preparing a meal easier. Many are also just great for finding a local restaurant or counting calories to keep the weight off. The following are the top ten cuisine apps for the iPhone:
1. Jamie Oliver 20 Minute Meals – This app contains sixty different meals that are offered from celebrity chef Jamie Oliver. He goes through the steps in a way that even the novice cook can understand and prepare a delicious meal.
2. Weber’s On the Grill – Anyone who loves to grill needs to have this app. Not only does it have cook times so you know how long to grill your meats, it also comes with recipes for bbq sauce, rubs and marinades. Everything you need for grilling all in one handy app.
3. Harvest Market Food Traceability – Does your grocery store offer organic produce? Are you sure it is really organic? With Harvest Market Food Traceability you simply scan the bar code on the produce and it traces it to the actual farm it was grown on.
4. Martha’s Everyday Food – Martha Stewart lovers can get quick and easy recipes from their favorite celebrity cook. Many of the meals are oriented for the busy family that does not always have time for long meal preparations.
5. Ask the Butcher – This is the best app for the meat lover as it goes through all the cuts of meat and how to properly prepare them. There are also recipes along with a timer unit for perfect meat preparation every time.
6. Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List – This cookbook app comes with recipes and even creates a shopping list to take to the grocery store with you.
7. UrbanSpoon – If you want to find a restaurant in your area, UrbanSpoon is the app for you. You can search by your location or by the type of cuisine you want to eat.
8. OpenTable – Not only does this app offer reviews of your favorite restaurant, it also allows you to reserve a table there too.
9. Where – You get all the great restaurants in your area along with every event for the day or week. Worried about traffic? Use this app to plan the route that is the quickest.
10. Pair It! Food and Wine Guide – Find the perfect wine for your meal with this handy app for the iPhone. No more guessing when you can type in your meal and get the perfect wine list back.