The Kentucky Women Writer’s Conference will be held in Lexington, KY this weekend, September 10th – 12th. It is the longest running conference for women writers in the nation. It began in 1979 by the University of Kentucky.
Here is a list of the FREE events:
- Friday, September 10: 7 p.m.-10 p.m., Downtown Arts Center, 141 E. Main Street Gypsy Poetry Slam, a spoken-word poetry competition with audience judging, featuring national slam champion Patricia Smith.
- Saturday, September 11: 4:15 p.m., Lexington Public Library-Central Branch, 140 E. Main Street, free admission. Poetry readings with Simone Muench and Jennifer Chang.
- Saturday, September 11: 8:00 p.m., Memorial Hall, UK Campus, free admission. An evening with Diane Ackerman, bestselling author, poet, and naturalist, Q & A moderated by Heather Sellers, followed by a book-signing. Keynote event of Kentucky Women Writers Conference.
- Sunday, September 12: 4:15 p.m. , Carnegie Center, 251 W. Second Street, free admission. Six Steps to Getting Whatever You Want: The Sonia Sanchez Series lecture with mystery novelist Valerie Wilson Wesley.
- Sunday, Sept. 12: 7 p.m., Carnegie Center, 251 W. Second Street, free admission. Stars with Accents: New Work by C. E. Morgan, Crystal Wilkinson, and Kathleen Driskell. Co-sponsored by WRFL’s Boomslang festival.
There are also writing workshops and writing contests. Please visit their website for more information especially in regards to registering for the event.
If you would like to receive these articles in your email just click on subscribe or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about me follow me on Facebook, on my Fan Page or Twitter.