Dermatologists are now recommending laser hair removal instead of waxing since waxing has some instances where it can severely hurt the skin. Perhaps you’ve already heard of instances where people where brought to hospital for a few stitches right after waxing. With laser hair removal, you will never worry of such incident to occur. Laser hair removing may bring a little discomfort but it gives a superb result.
However, do not be led into believing that you only need one treatment of laser hair removal and you will be free of unwanted hair for life. No, this is not true. On the contrary, the procedure or process of laser treatment takes several sessions before it gets completed.
You will be needing many sessions depending on the area being treated and your hair growth cycle. Also, to allow the skin to heal and the hair to re-grow, there needs to be a lot of time in between sessions. The laser hair removal can take as much as half a year or more! But, afterwards, you would only need annual sessions to touch up the areas that have some hair re-growth. Read on to know more about laser hair removal.
• The most costly areas to get hair removed from your body are your face and your back. The least expensive area to have hair removed is going to be your underarms.
• During treatment, the technician will apply a gel over the entire area. This way, your skin will stay cool when the laser is applied.
• Through this process, you will only experience a slight discomfort on your skin, which will disappear quickly. Most describe it as being snapped by a small elastic band on the skin.
• Those who have light skin and dark hair will benefit most from laser hair removal. However, new lasers are coming out that target dark hair on dark skin, so more people are getting their hair removed through laser.
• Prior to the treatment, never use any lotion or cream.
• To prevent the hair from growing again, the laser will be directed towards the hair follicle.
• Because hair grows in cycles, the technicians would be asking you to come in for around three to eight sessions to remove the hair completely from that part.
Indeed laser hair removing is a much better method than any other method available today. It might be expensive but its results are incomparable.
For more inquiries about laser hair removal, see your dermatologist and he’ll eliminate whatever fears you may have and help you remove that unwanted hair permanently.