Make your own fishing lures!
What you will need:
Rubber or hard plastic molds
A small pot (preferably one with a pouring spout )
Hot plate or stove top. Either one will work but a hot plate helps you make sure you keep it heated at the right temperature .
Softener or hardener if you want to experiment changing the consistency.
Coloring for plastic
Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area because of the fumes the plastic produces.
- Mix the plastic well before being used. When you pour it into the pan, make sure you do not fill it too full. This will make it harder to pour into the molds.
- Heat the hot plate or stove top to 350 degrees
- As it heats it will turn clear and thicken. Continue until it’s about as consistent as syrup.
- Add your preferred color. Most colors are added to the hot plastic, but fluorescent colors are better when added before it’s heated.
- Pour plastic into mold. Allow to cool in the molds for a couple minutes, then in cold water to finish.
- Note: If you wish to add softener, you can add it to the melted plastic, but hardener should be added before heating.
That’s it! Feel free to experiment with your own colors and styles. If you want a starter kit, NETCRAFT.com is a great place to pick one up. You can visit them by clicking here.