When it comes to dip, leeks are not usually included. But this onion- and garlic-related vegetable adds a lot of flavor, especially when combined with artichokes. Make this easy leek and artichoke dip for parties, friends, or just as a before dinner snacks.
• 2-3 cans of artichoke hearts
• 2-3 stalks of leeks
• Approximately 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Cover baking pan (approximately 13″ by 9″, but it does not really matter) with aluminum foil.
3. Chop up artichoke hearts and leeks into bite-sized pieces. Only use the stem of the leek, preferably only the white part of the stem.
4. Put the artichoke hearts and leeks into the baking pan. Mix in the mayonnaise. Make sure to mix well.
5. Place the baking pan in the oven, and wait for approximately 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of your pan). Generally, the smaller and deeper the pan, the longer it takes to bake.
6. Once the top of the dip is golden brown, take out of the oven. Serve with tortilla chips.
Leeks are low in Sodium, Saturated Fat, and Cholesterol. In addition to being a good source for Dietary Fiber, Iron, and Magnesium, it is also good for Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, and Manganese. And according to Great-Workout.com, leeks are excellent for “maintaining optimum health and weight loss.”
Artichokes ranks as the number one vegetable in anti-oxidant count, according to the United States Department of Agriculture.