Did you know that there are two simple facial exercises that can remove sagging skin, wrinkles, and laugh lines (also called parenthesis or parentheses). Results can be visible in only 4 to 6 days with the special “laugh line removal” facial exercises described below.
What are laugh lines?
Laugh lines are those nearly-vertical lines on each side of the mouth that start at the lower corners of the nose and extend down past the mouth toward the chin. In severe cases they extend down to the jaw line.
Why do laugh lines and saggy facial skin appear on some people?
According to the Journal of Applied Physiology (Vol. 86, Issue 1, 188-194, Jan 99), after the age of 50, muscles that are not used frequently atrophy, including facial muscles. Any facial skin that has insufficient muscle tone or collagen beneath it tends to sag and/or wrinkle. Skin that has plump underlying muscle does not wrinkle or sag easily. As evidenced by the 57-year-old woman in the above photo, the simple facial exercises described below will eliminate laugh lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face by toning and firming three specific facial muscles which are described in the next paragraph.
What muscles actually cause the laugh lines and corresponding wrinkles and sagging skin?
There are three muscles that, when atrophied, are responsible for causing laugh lines, wrinkles, and saggy skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face, according to the “Muscular Anatomy of Head and Neck” diagram available at http://www.warriorpages.com/images/Muscular_System_Head-Neck.jpg
1. The levator anguli oris muscles (red in above photo) extend downward starting at the bottom corners of the nose down to the corners of the mouth.
2. The depressor anguli oris muscles (blue in above photo) extend from the corners of the mouth downward to the chin, and wrap under the jaw line.
3. The zygomaticus major muscles (green), extend from the corners of the mouth to the ear. When toned and firm, these muscles lift and tighten the cheeks, preventing them from sagging forward or down to further contribute to the problem of laugh lines.
There are a few unfortunate individuals whose facial structure is such that they have had laugh lines since childhood. These facial exercises will not help those individuals.
Additionally, laugh lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face can also develop in those beyond the age of 45 who have lost a large amount of weight recently. If this is the case, then it might be necessary to have the excess skin removed by a plastic surgeon. However, before doing so, try the below-described facial exercises first, because there is a possibility that they may work sufficiently at reducing weight-loss-produced laugh lines, wrinkles, or saggy skin.
The facial exercises described at the end of this article will build and firm these muscles to remove laugh lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face which have been caused by muscle atrophy and collagen loss.
What will the below-described “laugh line removal facial exercises” do to a face?
The below-described “laugh line removal facial exercises” are considered to be a natural cure for laugh lines, wrinkles, and saggy skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face. No expensive equipment is required, no drugs, no doctors, no cosmetics, no chemicals, nothing to buy. The success of your results depends upon your diligence in performing the below-described facial exercises as recommended.
The below-described “laugh line removal facial exercise” will build up a “cushion” or “padding” of muscle beneath the skin by implementing two isometric facial exercises that firm, tone, and build the appropriate muscle groups to cure or prevent laugh lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face, as shown in the above photo. This muscle building will not alter the appearance of the face. The newly-toned-up muscles will not be obvious in any way, except that they will make that area of the face appear younger. Toning these muscles will cause a youthful firmness that prevents the skin from being able to wrinkle or sag easily. It will take years off of the appearance of that portion of the face. Isometric facial exercises work very effectively in eliminating laugh lines, wrinkles, and saggy skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face.
After building up the muscles that eliminate laugh lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face, less time and attention will be needed to maintain that level of muscle tone. It is easier to maintain muscle than to build it.
How to perform the isometric facial exercises that eliminate laugh lines, wrinkles, and saggy skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face:
1. The first facial exercise tones and builds the two levator anguli oris muscles, one on each side of the mouth (red in above photo). This is an isometric resistance facial exercise. Press your index fingers over these two muscles. Your fingers will be in the correct position if each fingertip is barely touching the bottom corner of the nose, where the nose meets the face, and the next inch or two of your index fingers is laying down over the laugh lines just above the corners of the mouth. In other words, firmly press your index fingers in the location of the red muscle in the above photo. Here comes the “resistance” part of this facial exercise. While holding down tightly with your index fingers as described above, try to raise your nose using the same motion that a rabbit does when it sniffs. Try to raise your nose with that “rabbit sniffing” motion while holding down with your index fingers firmly in the laugh lines. Press firmly enough that your fingers do not allow your nose to raise. Do not wrinkle your face while performing this facial exercise, because this could cause further wrinkles elsewhere.
Hold this position (index fingers firmly pressed while attempting to raise nose) for 10 minutes per day, minimum. More time will bring faster results. Once the laugh lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face are gone, much less time will be needed to maintain the muscle you have built: 5 minutes daily or 10 minutes every other day.
2. The second facial exercise tones and builds the zygomaticus major (green in above photo) and the depressor anguli oris (blue) muscles.
Place index fingers 2 to 3 inches inside both corners of the mouth, separating lips slightly. Do not stretch the mouth. Then try to close your mouth and lips against the resistance of the fingers which are holding the mouth corners apart slightly. This tones and builds the depressor anguli oris muscle (blue in above photo) to prevent laugh lines below the corner of the mouth.
While performing this facial exercise, do one more motion, which will help to remove laugh lines by building up the zygomaticus major muscle (green in photo above): Slowly pull your fingers out of your mouth, but tighten your mouth very hard to prevent your fingers from getting pulled out. You may have to dry off your fingers or change to a “dry” set of fingers, so that the walls of your mouth have enough friction to pull against your fingers. While your mouth attempts to prevent the fingers from being pulled out of your mouth, you will feel your cheeks lifting and tightening.
Practice both above facial exercises daily for 10 minutes each, minimum. More time will bring faster results. Thirty minutes will bring visible results in only four to six days.
It is very important to avoid creating wrinkles elsewhere on the face while performing the above facial exercises. For this reason, it might be a good idea to do these in front of a mirror the first few times.
After you get the hang of it, these facial exercises can easily be practiced in combination with other facial exercises found at the author’s profile page (click on author’s photo above).
Once the desired level of muscle is achieved (anywhere from one to three months, depending upon your dedication), muscle tone can be maintained permanently by practicing the “laugh line removal facial exercises” for 5 minutes daily, or 10 minutes every other day. Although for many, this amount of time is adequate, for some, less time is required, and for others additional time may be necessary if wrinkles or sags begin to reappear. In these cases, increase the maintenance time as necessary. Each person can find their own exact number of “maintenance” minutes.
Most people are absolutely delighted with the results and are very thankful to have found a natural cure that eliminates laugh lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin near the mouth and chin areas of the face, resulting in a more youthful facial appearance.