When you are dieting and trying to weight, it can seem difficult to come up with new ways to eat chicken. Also, it gets tiring having to prepare fresh meals all of the time. Honestly, you just get sick of it. As sick of it as you may get though, chicken is a great white meat that is low in calories, and high in protein. This is why it is such a great food to eat. Don’t fall of your diet and grab that frozen pizza, just because you don’t feel like cooking, or eating plain chicken breasts. Here are some quick easy ways to make eating healthy fast and tasty at the same time.
1. Marinade Chicken during the day. While you are at work, or out and about, take your chicken and seal in a zip lock back with your favorite low calorie, nutritious marinade. Great options are low calorie fat free Italian dressing, pomegranate vinaigrette, organic bbq sauces, and whatever else you like. This way, when you get home, all you have to do is throw it on the grill with aluminum foil and veggies, or pre heat the oven and throw on some veggies.
2. Chop up left over’s the night they were made, for wraps and salads. Put them in containers in your fridge. You are more likely to eat something if it’s already made. If you have chicken already diced up, all you have to do is throw together a wrap or a salad the next day.
3. Keep it simple. You can cook a delicious chicken breast with little preparation in 10-15 minutes. Turn on a frying pan, add some extra virgin olive oil, and then add garlic salt and pepper. Ta da! You have tasty fast chicken. Add a bag of Uncle Bens 90 second low calorie rice, and you have a healthy, tasty, filling meal.
4. Replace chicken in casseroles and meals. If something calls for hamburger, use chicken instead. Chicken spaghetti, chicken tacos, clt’s instead of blt’s, anything you want. It will give your chicken a new twist, and you won’t feel like you’re eating the same boring chicken night after night. You may even end up preferring it.
5. Buy it already seasoned. You may be worried about the price, so look for flyers or local ads. If you buy a piece for every night of the week, and they are all different, you won’t have to worry about dreading making it, or it being boring. You can even try things like kabobs!