When you’re a mom, it’s hard to find the time and energy to lose weight. If you think about losing weight, your mind probably runs to exhausting hours on the treadmill, or difficult workouts at the gyms. Although both of these things will help you lose weight, there are some other small things that you can do, that you’re already doing most likely; to help you shed a few pounds. Do you ever see people walking around with the step counters? They do it because every step counts. With that in mind, here are 5 things that you can do on a daily basis, to help you burn some extra calories.
1. Park at the end of parking lots. As long as its day time, and safe to do so, park your vehicle at the end of the parking lot. That 30 yard walk will do you some good, and you’re going to have to walk back out to your car as well. That is around 60 yards of walking. Not bad while running to get bread and milk.
2. Walk out to your mailbox to get the mail, and do a quick lap around the block. If you are like most people, you pull up to your mailbox with your car, and get your mail. Instead, put your tennis shoes on and do a quick walk around the block every time you go out.
3. Always take the stairs. Using the stairs instead of the elevator can be a great burst of cardiovascular activity, and it’s great for your buns and thighs!
4. Rake the leaves, push mow your lawn, and shovel snow. We have all of these wonderful products that blow snow and blow leaves. But by using them, you’re missing a great work out opportunity. Not only will you get outside and enjoy the outdoors, but you’ll work up a sweat and burn some calories. If you have a riding mower, maybe push the front, or a small area that’s hard to drive around.
5. Play athletic games with your kids. This can be soccer, dancing, kickball, anything. Being a mom is exhausting, but it’s even harder to try to keep up with them in the back yard. One game of tag can really kick your butt!
Try to aim for two 15 minute sessions of activity a day where your heart rate is raised. This will help you lose weight, and you don’t have to kill yourself to do. Finding ways to incorporate exercise into your normal routine will help you lose weight, and live healthier.