Many women would agree that after seeing a commercial of a beauty product claiming to enhance their features in a huge way, are automatically more willing to spend their hard earned money on the miracle product in the advertisement. As the old saying goes that “eyes are the windows to the soul,” mascara seems to have a cult following in every woman who uses makeup. In saying that, I am no exception. Every single day that I leave my house, I am wearing mascara. I have tried so many mascaras ranging from high end to almost every drug store mascara product on the market. When a mascara claims to have the power to give me false looking lashes without ever gluing some extra strips to my eyes, I am so very intrigued.
I purchased Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express mascara in the regular formula (not waterproof) about 2 weeks ago. During these two weeks I have used it every single day and now feel I can give unbiased advice about the product. Here is what I found:
1. The mascara wand is absolutely fantastic. You are able to reach every lash and the slightly curved wand assures that there are no gaps in your lashes.
2. I purchased the mascara in the color Blackest Black. It is one of the darkest mascaras that I have ever used. It makes such a difference in the detail of the lashes.
3. The product does a great job of volumizing the lashes and look noticeably longer with just one coat.
4. The mascara seemed to hold the curl of my lash for much longer than other comparable brands.
5. The price is fantastic. I picked this mascara up at my local drugstore for $6.99. It has rivaled some of my more expensive mascaras from Benefit and Urban Decay.
1. The formula was a little to wet at first. After a few days of use though, it dried up a little and in a way fixed itself.
2. In the heat, I did notice a little smudging on my lower lashes. It was not bad enough though to make me stop using it.
3. It took me a few days to get the hang of using the wand from different angles. The curved brush is a little hard to get used to.
4. It was a little hard to get off with a water based eye makeup remover.
Overall Thoughts on the Product:
Although I did not feel as if the mascara made my lashes look false, I really do love it in a huge way. It separated, lengthened, and volumized my lashes more than most drugstore mascaras ever have. All in all this is a great product for the money. The application process is a little different than most mascaras and takes a few uses to get the hang of. I believe that is mostly attributed to Maybelline’s patented “spoon brush” on this mascara. The first few days I have to say that I absolutely thought I was going to hate the mascara and that I would just chalk it up to another false advertising campaign. After a few uses though, and completely understanding the brush and the formula, I think that it will be a staple in my makeup collection for some time to come. If you want the look of a high end mascara without spending the money, I highly recommend Maybelline the Falsies Volum’ Express mascara. I assure you that you will be highly impressed with the value and the product itself.
Maybelline New York is not compensating me for this review. I purchased the product with my own money and all opinions are honest and my own.