Here are some October 14th, 2010 meeting highlights from the Board of Education:
– The annual financial report will be posted on the school website. The district’s auditors reviewed the 2009-2010 audit.
– The Common Core Standards for English Language Arts and Math eduction was presented.
– The Oak Ridge Student Mentors Caring Adults Are Everywhere Program was reviewed.
– Paula Suterfield was introduced as the new board secretary.
– A number of awards were given out and nominations were made for other awards, including for three Royal Oak High School Students for Graph Expo 2010, math teacher Sean Morgan for Michigan Teacher of the Year Award, and awards given to the district for history preservation and the Royal Oak High Graphic Arts Program, which received an education award.
The next meeting is scheduled for October 11th.
Royal Oak Neighborhood Schools, “Board of Education – October 14, 2010 – Meeting Highlights”