According to the Miami Herald, Marco Rubio is leading the U.S. Senate seat race in Florida. This man who came out of nowhere isn’t afraid to speak his mind about other politicians, like Charlie Crist. We’ve seen in the past few months many Republican voters are moving away from the Florida governor after he changed from Republican to Independent. Republicans want a conservative politician in Washington and just aren’t sure what Crist is for.
With Rubio, they can’t help but know what he stands for. He is as vocal about himself as he is about other politicians. Rubio has new and innovative ways to change and reclaim Washington as exactly that; simple.
Rubio has gained the support of voters all across Florida because of what he is saying, which is exactly what each voter is thinking and hoping for. Reclaim Washington is on the tips of Republicans’ and Tea Partiers’ minds and pocketbooks.
Who is this Marco Rubio?
He is already a favorite of conservatives, which says something in today’s economy. He has local Tea Party support backing him for his conservative views, but it’s really what he says that captures the hearts and minds of voters. He was born in Miami to Cuban-born parents and has been a Floridian all his life. He has been very much responsible for blocking gambling across Florida. He’s a conservative Republican wanting less government; budget cuts; simplified tax cuts; no more bailouts; and yes, he’s even for stopping the death tax.
What’s so big about Marco Rubio?
Remember President Obama when he gave speeches that left everyday Americans crying? He made everyone feel better about themselves. His speeches resonated something in everyone that change was good and our economy would flourish and we all would prosper. Those same speeches are a real-life example of Rubio.
Let’s be straight about one thing: Obama’s plan, even way back then, and Rubio’s are completely different. President Obama was for change that included socialism, larger government, and bailouts of gigantic proportions. If we’re honest, it was his words that were moving, not that anyone actually thought about what his change would be. They just loved to hear him speak. I know, I thought he was/is eloquent as well. Although in the past year, his speeches have taken a nasty tone, more accusing than inspiring. He’s lost his ability to capture Americans with his “Change America” speeches.
Marco Rubio’s Plan
1. Guess what Congress and Mr. President, with Marco Rubio, he is promoting a 10 percent budget cut. This is something Congress and President Obama should have done on their own.
2. No more bailouts and stimulus spending in Washington. This means getting rid of our foreign debt as quickly as possible.
3. Earmarks are a big no-no, according to Rubio. He wants them banned and a balanced budge would be required. This is another measure everyday American voters want. It’s time for Washington to get on board!
4. The Tax Code should be simplified and taxes should be cut! What American wouldn’t want a tax cut in the worst economy since the Great Depression? This means he will vote no to marriage and death taxes.
5. ObamaCare should be repealed and replaced. A one-shop government will only end in disaster. Let small businesses shop across state lines. Rubio has a plan of action.
6. Social Security should be saved and protected at all costs. Rubio wants to guarantee that there are zero changes to benefits to every American near to at retirement age.
7. Rubio wants to keep America strong around the world. He supports keeping Guantanamo open and not giving rights to terrorists. He is also an active supporter of allies like Israel.
Rubio is running against Independent Charlie Crist and Democratic candidate Kendrick Meek. Each candidate is campaigning full throttle as the midterm election grows closer. The one thing these candidates have in common is trying to overtake Marco Rubio, whose passion is widespread all across Florida. Who will you vote for in November?
Florida Midterm Elections