Most of us prepare canned or frozen vegetables several times a week. During the summer and early fall, we enjoy fresh vegetables from our gardens and farmer’s markets, but during the colder months, we have less choices. And, there are always those times when we are short on time; everyone is trying to avoid drive-thru burgers these days due to calories and cash! Here is a quick mock hollandaise sauce that will dress up those vegetables, adding taste and elegance to the weekday meal.
Canned or Frozen Vegetables: asparagus, green beans, broccoli, etc…
Mayonnaise: 1/2 cup
Milk: 3 Tablespoons
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1. Cook the vegetables in the normal way. I microwaved french style green beans, but you can use whatever you choose.
2. Place the mayonnaise, milk, and salt in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for 30 more seconds.
4. Add lemon juice and stir until completely smooth.
5. Drizzle over vegetables in a “four star” sort of presentation. (It’s all in how you present it; your family does not need to know it is just basically hot mayonnaise!)