Having a miscarriage is a difficult and trying time. If you have had a miscarriage, then you know this to be true. Having multiple miscarriages can be even harder and it does not get any easier the more you have. Some people will try to comfort you, some people will say nothing, and some people will simply say sorry and then forget it ever happened. Sufferers must remember that these people probably don’t know what to say or for that matter that it even affects you.
Feelings of loss are normal. Anger, sadness, resentment, and more can flood your emotions sometimes repeatedly. It is normal to feel this way. I know that it is no great comfort to those who have had a miscarriage, but unfortunately many of us must suffer in silence. I, myself, have suffered six miscarriages.
Doctors will tell you it is normal and that most miscarriages are because the baby couldn’t support the birth for chromosomal reasons. For those of you who have been told this it is of little comfort. I know when I first was told this; I accepted what the doctor said. I continued to accept it time and time again. After miscarriage four and five I began to beg the doctors to find out why. My pleas fell on deaf ears. It was not until my sixth miscarriage that an ER doctor began to run tests. I was diagnosed with Hughes disease by a simple blood test.
If after three miscarriages your doctor does not begin to run tests, switch doctors. There are conditions which are only diagnosed in pregnancy that are preventable. Doctors frequently say that 80% of miscarriages are chromosomal, well what about the other 20%? For the sake of yourself, and your unborn baby find a doctor who cares and who is knowledgeable of the causes of miscarriage. The life of your future children could very well depend on it.