Technology is advancing more every day. It is amazing to see the new types of technology emerging all the time. We may not realize how dependent we become on some of the technology we use and how essential it becomes to our lives. Listed is the technology that is an important part of my life which I cannot live without!
1. Internet: The internet is used during a large portion of each day. I search for information – personal and work related, communicate with others, attend college, and publish articles. This is just a small list of the things that I do using the internet. I personally cannot imagine life without the internet, it is essential technology which allows me to accomplish and learn so much each day.
2. Facebook: I must admit that I am a Facebook addict and cannot live without it! I love this internet social networking site because it allows me to stay in contact with friends, family, and associates no matter where they are. It is great for sharing information, pictures of my family, and events. I also really enjoy playing some of the games on the site; it is the “me time” I briefly get in the evenings.
3. Cell Phone: The most important reason that I consider my cell phone an essential piece of technology is because in the event of an emergency – auto related or other having my cell phone allows me to call for help when needed. My cell phone now is my primary phone since we have found it cheaper to have our cell phone’s rather than a land line. My phone also allows me to access the internet if needed, receive emails, connect to Facebook, and access a GPS if needed.
4. DVR: I just recently got a DVR and absolutely love it! I cannot imagine life without it now. With working full time, taking care of the kids and a household and attending college the DVR allows me to record my favorite shows so I do not miss them. I am able to watch what I have record when my schedule allows me to now.
5. Vehicle DVD System: I have 4 young children, having a built in DVD system allows car trips – long and short – be more pleasant for everyone involved. I am able to pop in a movie, give them the audio headsets and off we go in peace.