Your skin is subject to change and many factors contribute to your skin’s temperamental nature. If dry facial skin has become problematic for you, brand name topical solutions may worsen the condition. Natural home remedies for your dry facial skin could be the safe, soothing answer you seek. Reach into your refrigerator, pantry or medicine cabinet for organic safer skin solutions. As always when trying a new skin treatment, test it on a small area first to insure you won’t have any ugly allergic reaction.
Vitamin E has loads of benefits for your skin. This natural goodie is loaded with antioxidants that protect your gentle skin cells from free radicals. Take a pure vitamin E supplement and apply a capsule directly to your skin. Puncture the surface of the capsule and squeeze out the liquid gently. Apply the vitamin E directly to your clean skin, preferably in the evening. This will give your thirsty skin a chance to drink up this good vitamin.
Honey is a humectants; that means it holds water molecules, perfect for moisturizing. Honey is hygroscopic which means that it pulls in moisture from the air. It is also an antibacterial liquid loaded with healing properties. For these three reasons honey is more than a fabulous sweetener, it is perfect for hydrating your facial skin. Treat your dry skin weekly with a few tablespoons of honey. Here is how you do it.
1. Wet a clean cloth with warm water.
2. Wring away the excess water.
3. Lay the cloth on your face and lie back for one to two minutes.
4. Rub the honey on your face using your clean fingers. Avoid getting honey in your eyes.
5. Lie back and rest with the honey on your face for at least 15 minutes.
6. Rinse the honey off with warm water. This closes the pores back and will leave your skin feeling calmer, softer.
Moist, ripe avocados could be what you need for moisturizing your skin naturally. The soothing meat of the avocado will combat the flushing feel your dry skin may have occasionally. Make a mask, instead of guacamole, any time you want to add some healing moisture to your face. This mask only takes a few steps. You can whip up a batch and use it for two days. After that, you should toss and start over.
1. Peel and pit an avocado.
2. Cut the avocado in half. You will only need half for this mask treatment.
3. Place the avocado half in a glass bowl. Mash it up with a potato masher.
4. Add ¼ cup of honey and mix them together.
5. Rub the mixture on your face using your clean fingers.
6. Leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Rinse the mask away with cool water and a soft, damp washcloth.
Other Tips for Dry Facial Skin
Dry skin wrinkles easier and looks older than it actually is. You may have to make some small changes to your daily routine to offset the feeling of dryness. Try changing your pillowcases. Choose a pillowcase that has a high thread count for maximum softness. Wash the pillowcase with a gentle fragrance-free liquid laundry detergent and use a gentle fabric softener.
Cut back on the exfoliation and microdermabrasion treatments; your face can’t handle that kind of abuse when it is dry. Switch from liquid makeup to cream to powder for moister coverage. Protect your skin with sunscreen when you play outdoors. Consider using a facial moisturizer that contains sunscreen.
Drink lots of water and stay away from fried foods. They are not your skin’s friends. Eat citrus and lots of leafy green vegetables.