The National Football League and the NFL Players Association support October’s National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with it’s national breast cancer screening-reminder and fund-raising campaign. In collaboration with the American Cancer Society, the campaign is called “A Crucial Catch: Annual Screening Saves Lives,” which encourages women 40 years and older about the importance of having an annual mammogram. The initiative will begin on October 2, 2010 and will continue throughout the month, with the NFL Breast Cancer Awareness games featuring several special pink attributes on and off the field. Here is a look at what the campaign will feature.
NFL Goes Pink
– Pink coins will be used for the coin toss.
– Game balls will display pink ribbon decals.
– Officials will wear caps with pink ribbons, pink wristbands, and pink whistles.
– Players will wear pink cleats, wristbands, gloves, chin straps, sideline caps, helmet decals, captain’s patches, sideline towels, and quarterback towels.
– Team executives, coaches, and sideline personnel will wear pink sideline caps and ribbons.
– The playing field will display sever pink ribbon stencils and its surround walls will display “A Crucial Catch: wall banners.
– Pink goal-post padding in end zones.
– “A Crucial Catch” pink glow necklaces will be given to all fans attending the Chicago Bears/New York Giants game on October 3, 2010.
NFL’s Fund Raising Camapign
The National Football League will have the game-worn pink merchandise and footballs autographed post-game, as it will later be auctioned. The auction will also include other items and unique NFL experiences, including a VIP trip to Super Bowl XLV, and a 2011 Pro Bowl Spa Retreat Experience in Hawaii. All proceeds from the NFL Auction for the month of October will be donated to the American Cancer Society and team charities. Several retail stores such as, Dicks, Hatworld and Lids, along with NFL merchandise stores located at the stadiums, and the NFLShop.com, will also help in the fight against breast cancer, as they will donate a portion of their proceeds to breast cancer charities.
Help Support Breast Cancer Awareness
– Visit the NFL Auctionto get game-worn and autographed NFL merchandise.
– Get all your favorite teams special pink merchandise at the NFLShop.com
– Donate to charities such as the American Cancer Society, Susan G. Koman for the Cure, theNational Breast Cancer Foundation, Your Shoes 24/7 Breast Cancer Support, and the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program. Display and wear your breast cancer awareness pink ribbon merchandise to support the cause and help promote early detection.
Along with the National Football League, it’s players and personnel, your support, and the dedication of several other companies and organizations, the campaign will help touch the lives of many by helping women around the world get the support and treatment that they need, so start helping today. Although the National Breast Cancer Month is held in October don’t let your support end there, several other campaigns and charities are held throughout the year that are dedicated to early detection and the fight against breast cancer, so you can reach out and help touch the lives of others all year round.
More Breast Cancer Awareness Articles:
– My Birthday Wish: Get 1,000,000 to Help Fight Breast Cancer
More Football and NFL Articles:
– The Greatest Steals in NFL Draft History
– 5 Great Football Movies
– The Biggest Busts in NFL Draft History
– The New Meadowlands Stadium “Home to the NY Giants and NY Jets”