It’s that time again. It’s time for football. I was planning on comparing my top five to my buddy Todd Jacob’s top five like last year. But, it looks like he isn’t picking a top five this year and he will pick all games. So, I will pick my top five and compare to where he’s going with his. If you want good information on the games, check out Todd’s profile for a good breakdown of the games.
1. Atlanta Falcons (-1½) at Pittsburgh Steelers. My first pick of the season has to be my home team. I believe the Falcons are going to take this one. This is the only favorite I have picked for my top five this week. Todd has picked the Steelers, but I have to disagree with him on this one. My pick: Atlanta.
2. Denver Broncos (+3½) at Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars are the home team and the spread is in their favor. Todd picked them, but I have to disagree with him on this one too. I think the Broncos are going to take this one. My pick: Denver
3. Detroit Lions (+6½) at Chicago Bears. I am not as confident in the Lions winning as I am the Broncos. But they may well beat the Bears. If not win, they will at least cover the spread. This is three in a row I disagree with Todd’s pick. My pick: Detroit
4. Washington Redskins (+3½) hosting Dallas Cowboys. About like the Broncos, I think the Redskins have this one all the way. If nothing else, they should keep it within a field goal. This is the fourth in a row that I disagree with Todd. My pick: Washington
5. Baltimore Ravens (+2½) at New York Jets. Finally, me and Todd agree on one this week. He thinks the Ravens will win this straight up and so do I. My pick: Baltimore
These are my top five picks for the first week. Check in next week to see if me or Todd get bragging rights from week one.