Do you remember being a kid and going to the candy store to pick out your favorite, sugary treats? Well, I do. I remember being in awe of all my choices. There was so much to choose from, like chocolates, hard candies, caramels, and suckers. It was all there just tempting me and waiting to be picked. Well, I always had 5 or 6 favorites, that I would choose every time we visited a candy store. I will share them with you, and why I still buy them today for my kids.
1. Pez. Pez is my all time favorite to this day. Who didn’t love picking their favorite character head, and then loading the stick body with sweet tart type candy in the flavors grape, lemon, orange, and strawberry? I still buy them for my kids, because there are so many more characters to choose from, and I can always find one that represents a part of their life. Pez sells everything from Disney, holiday icons, and Harry Potter characters to animals, and Thomas the Train. They make great stocking stuffers, and my kids receive several new ones each year. www.pez.com
2. Candy Necklaces. I loved candy necklaces as a kid. I loved the idea of being able to eat your jewelry. My daughters feel the same way. If we go into a candy store, and there are candy necklaces available, we buy a few. They are just plain fun, and they taste good too. The yummy, chalky taste melts in your mouth. www.oldtimecandy.com
3. Ring Pops. Ring pops are the best, because you can wear your sucker on your finger, and they come in delicious flavors like: cotton candy, cherry bubble gum, watermelon, blue raspberry, strawberry, and star grazer grape. I still buy them for my kids, because I’m a “sucker” for candy that looks like a pacifier. They last a long time too, which makes them great for long shopping trips with the kids.ww.oldtimecandy.com
4. Pop Rocks. Pop Rocks have to be the most fun candy out there. I love how the flavors pop and crackle in your mouth as you wait for them to dissolve. I first bought them for my kids, because I wanted them to experience the taste of this very unique candy. I now buy them, because they love the taste as much as I do. Try the special candy cane flavor only available during the holidays.www.candywarehouse.com
5. Lip Stick Candy. I loved being able to eat candy that was make up. I felt grown up carrying it around with me, but it was even better to eat. I still buy them for my daughters, because they get a kick out of it just like I did as a kid. They still come in delicious flavors, such as: sour apple, grape, strawberry, banana, and cherry. The chewy taffy is a yummy treat.www.hometowncandy.com
Go back to your childhood, and remember the candy you loved. Chances are it is still made today, and you can share it with your kids.