1. He played for Woody Hayes at Miami of Ohio from 1949-1950. He was an assistant coach for Ohio State
from 1958-1963. He is best known, however, for serving as head coach at Michigan for 20 years. Who is he?
a. Bo Schembechler
b. Lloyd Carr
c. Gary Moeller
d. George Little
2. He was the first head coach at Ohio State to beat Michigan in his first chance.
a. Woody Hayes
b. Earl Bruce
c. John Cooper
d. Jim Tressel
3. Did Woody Hayes have a winning record in “the game?”
4. Who won more total national championships, Woody Hayes or Bo Schembechler?
a. Woody Hayes
b. Bo Schembechler
5. Who won more Big Ten championships during the time both coached, Woody or Bo?
c. It was a tie.
6. This was the first year Ohio State played Michigan in football.
7. What is the longest winning streak in the series by Ohio State, as of the 2009 game?
8. What is the longest winning streak by Michigan in the series, as of the 2009 game?
9. This was the first year Ohio State beat Michigan.
10. What has every Buckeye player on a team who beats Michigan received since 1934?
a. A miniature golden football
b. A gold pants pendant
c. A lifetime membership to the Ohio State gym
d. Being named an honorary assistant Ohio State coach for life
11. In 1950, with the Rose Bowl on the line for the eighth ranked Buckeyes, Ohio State
would have gone to the bowl by beating Michigan or by choosing to cancel the game,
because of the worst blizzard in state history. Ohio State refused to, although
Michigan was willing. In the game with blizzard conditions, the teams punted 45
times, sometimes on first down. Michigan had no first downs and completed no passes.
What was the final score?
a. Ohio State 0 Michigan 0
b. Ohio State 3 Michigan 0
c. Michigan 7 Ohio State 0
d. Michigan 9 Ohio State 3
12. What did the 1950 game come to be known as?
a. Snow Bowl
b. Ice Bowl
c. Blizzard Bowl
d. Field Position Bowl
13. This was the score of the 1968 game, as one of the two teams went on to win a
a. Ohio State 14 Michigan 13
b. Ohio State 50 Michigan 14
c. Michigan 14 Ohio State 13
d. Ohio State 7 Michigan 7
14. This was the score of the 1969 game.
a. Ohio State 20 Michigan 10
b. Michigan 23 Ohio State 12
c. Michigan 24 Ohio State 12
15. The year the Buckeyes won their first national championship since 1968, in 2002, this
was the score of the game.
a. Ohio State 14 Michigan 9
b. Ohio State 13 Michigan 9
c. Ohio State 20 Michigan 10
d. Ohio State 21 Michigan 14
1. a He was the head coach from 1969-1989.
3. a. Overall, coach Hayes did have a 16-11-1 winning record against the team he called,
“that team up north.” Bo Schembechler, however, did have a 5-4-1 record against
his former coach from Miami of Ohio.
4. a. He also had a better Rose Bowl record during the time both coached, 4-4 vs. 2-8.
5. c. 13
7. b. From 2004-2009, under head coach Jim Tressel.
Michigan vs. Ohio State, no author listed, bentley.umich.edu
Michigan vs. Ohio State Football Rivalry, no author listed, en.wikipedia.org