We all know that fish is so good for our health. Here is a recipe that is done in the oven and tastes as good as the one fried in oil. It is simple, easy and is a quick cooking recipe.
Here’s the list of ingredients:
1. Basa Fillet -2
2. 1/2 tsp- Salt (or to taste)
3.1/8 tsp-Turmeric Powder
4.1/2 tsp-Onion powder
6. ½ Tbs Lemon Juice
7. Breadcrumbs-1/2 cup
8.1/2 tsp oil
9. Nonstick Cooking spray
10. ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder (optional)
1. Wash the fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Put the fish fillets in a bowl. Add salt, turmeric powder, onion powder, paprika, chilli powder, oil and lemon juice to the bowl and mix. Keep it aside for at least 5 minutes but not beyond 30 minutes.
3. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and spray it with a non stick cooking spray.
4. In a separate plate, put the breadcrumbs. Dip each of the marinated fish fillets in the breadcrumbs and place it in the baking tray.
5.Put a coating of nonstick cooking spray on the top of the fillets that has been placed in the baking tray .
6.Put the baking tray in the oven and broil for 10 minutes total. At the end of the first 5 minutes, take out the tray and gently turnover the fish fillets one time and put it back in the oven for the next 5 minutes.
7. The oven fried fish should be perfectly cooked and ready to serve. You can check with a fork to see the fish fully cooked. When you put the fork on the fish it would be white all through and should flake easily.
You could serve the oven fried fish with a lemon wedge and some coleslaw on the side.