This Christmas ornament craft is easy and fun for all ages. To begin, you will need the following supplies:
Box of round Christmas ornaments (any color)
Bag of assorted Pom-Poms
Small black beads
Bag of googly eyes
Hot glue gun (with extra glue sticks)
Package of small decorative presents
Yarn or hook to hang the ornaments
Younger children should have adult supervision or assistance when using a hot glue gun.
1. Choose pom-poms that will be used for a head, ears, arms, legs, tail, snout, etc. for the animal you want to create.
2. Glue each pom-pom onto a round Christmas ornament, using the head as a starting point. Glue the “head” pom-pom near the top of the ornament, but do not cover the top completely so that it can still hang.
3. Space the pom-poms to create even looking limbs and add a tail on the back, and ears on the head.
4. Glue on a black bead for a nose as well as the eyes to finish the face.
5. Glue a present onto the front center of the ornament to give the appearance that the animal is holding the present.
6. Add yarn or a hook to the top of the ornament.
Variations or additional ideas can also be used. For younger children, cement glue can be used instead of a hot glue gun to make it easier and safer. Instead of solid color ornaments, clear ornaments can also be used and filled with small decorations, confetti, beads, shredded money or paper, glitter, small candies, or any other small, colorful items.
These are great at-home crafts, school crafts, and even make wonderful gifts, including Secret Santa!