Overnight star status, carnivorous fashions, fallen stars and more, there’s nothing scarier than celebrity gossip and pop culture. If you want to make them scream this Halloween, don’t look to the monster movies; look to Hollywood itself for the truly frightening, truly bizarre hit costumes for this year’s Halloween party. After all, vampires and werewolves are imaginary (sorry to burst your bubbles, Twilight fans), but these celebs are shockingly real.
1. For Her: Katy Perry on Sesame Street– Katy Perry recently did a musical skit for Sesame Street of a child-friendly version of her hit song Hot and Cold. It was a cute rendition that featured her chasing Elmo around Sesame Street, but it was pulled for being too sexy for preschoolers. Apparently that amount of cleavage didn’t impress parents, but there’s nothing wrong with it on Halloween.
Get the look: Okay, I’d say the simplest way to pull the Katy Perry sexy sesame street dress-up look would be to purchase a somewhat low-cut version of an adult Tinkerbell costume. I’d suggest this one at Amazon, but you can look around for better suited options.
Remove the wings, of course, and purchase a floral bride’s veil. It doesn’t have to be an expensive high-quality one, and if you can’t find the right flowers, just buy some silk ones at a craft store and super glue them on.
2. For Him: “Bedroom Super Hero” Antoine Dodson– Antoine Dodson was just an average guy until a furious outburst on a televised news broadcast made him into an Internet sensation.
Antoine Dodson’s sister was asleep with her daughter when an intruder broke in through the window of her room. After hearing his sister’s screams from her bedroom, Dodson rushed in to assist her. He scared away her would-be rapist, and was later interviewed about the incident. During the interview, his almost lyrical display of aggression, passion, and determination mixed with a bit of flamboyance and showmanship took the Internet by storm.
Get the Look: You can purchase the Bedroom Super Hero Kit here, but according to sources, Antoine Dodson doesn’t approve of these costumes because the company behind them is profiting from his fame without his permission or paying him. Besides, all the kit includes is a wig, a black tank and a red bandana. You could probably find all those items on your own for much cheaper.
3. For her: Jailhouse Lindsay Lohan– 2010 has been a rough year for Lindsay Lohan. She’s been in and out of jail and rehab so much, I’m not sure anyone can say for certain if she’s home or incarcerated this evening. One minute she’s drinking and driving, the next she’s clean and sober, then you look away for a second and BAM! She’s shooting up while making out with Paris Hilton. Oh LiLo, will you ever learn?
Get the Look: The look you’re after is the orange jumpsuit mug shot seen here. First, do your make up all pretty and make sure you have a tan even if you have to spray it on. Then, put on an orange prison jumpsuit costume. I’d suggest this one if you’re going for authenticity, but if you want to do a Lindsay Lohan Jail costume with a sexy twist, this may be more your style. Don’t forget the hair; if your hair is nothing like Lindsay’s, you may consider a wig like this one.
4. For him: Mel Gibson– Is there anyone scarier? From drunken anti-semitic rants to publicized phone calls revealing the abuse of his girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva , Mel Gibson has really fallen from star status to monster status. Seriously, he’s been accused of being homophobic, sexist, racist and abusive. This guy is nuts!
Get the look: If, despite his hateful nature, you’d still like to go as Mel Gibson this Halloween, the costume is pretty simple. It doesn’t take much: just a wig, jeans, a shirt and a telephone (and optional blue Braveheart makeup). You can get full instructions by visiting this site.
5. For her: Lady Gaga’s Meat Dress– Okay, I’m going to make this explanation short and sweet; during the September 12, 2010, MTV Video Music Awards, Lady Gaga wore a dress made out of meat. When I say meat, I mean raw beef. Seriously.
Get the look: Though some suggest simply sewing meat together over a body stocking, I’m thinking that’d be a health hazard for an all-night Halloween costume. I much prefer the salami dress created Jia of JiaJem.com. It was actually designed as a Meatwad costume (a character from Adult Swim’s Aqua Teen Hunger Force), but the same basic rules should apply when creating your Gaga meat dress unless you don’t mind leaving disgusting meat residue everywhere you go.
Here’s how Jia says it all worked:
“I ended up using the K.I.S.S. method of construction, which involved a basic shift dress out of thick cotton. I layed the meat on top, then put clear vinyl over it and sewed tracks with clear thread. I used a wide stitch length to avoid perforating the meat to the point it might just… uh, slide down the bottom of the dress. I also blotted it all before sewing to get rid of as much grease as possible to avoid clouding the vinyl. Lastly, I made sure to bind the bottom of the dress with a strip of clear vinyl to catch drips. (I love talking about this; it’s so disgusting.) The whole project took about 6 hours, and I kept it refrigerated until the party. Good times. “
To see photos and details, please visit her site. In addition to meat dresses, she offers a variety of other costume ideas.
6. For him? Her? Both? CSI Justin Bieber: The popular young recording artist Justin Bieber made his acting debut on the September 23, 2010, season premiere of CSI. In the show, he played the role of troubled teen Jason McCann, showing his “bad-boy” side to the world. Before the show aired, Bieber tweeted a picture of himself in character handcuffed and dressed in a red youth prison jumpsuit.
Get the look: You could go with a prison jumpsuit costume similar to the non-sexy version of the Lindsay Lohan costume, but I think that would be too orange. Justin Bieber’s costume is obviously red, so I’d suggest red male nursing scrubs and perhaps use silver duct tape to get the lettering on the back. Don’t forget his trademark hair. If you don’t have it, here’s a wig option.
There you have it, readers; all the tips and tricks to make this Halloween a truly horrible one! I’d say it will be a memorable holiday, but you know how it goes with celebrity trends; what’s here today disappears tomorrow. Spooky, huh?