Wouldn’t it be nice to finally have that large family portrait image saved on your Mac finally hanging on your wall at your family home? Well with Adobe Illustrator on your Mac, you don’t have to resort to expensive commercial printers to do this, you can print that family portrait right from the comfort of your home.
All you need is your image, a lot of printer ink, paper, and Adobe Illustrator and you can print any poster or banner sized image over multiple sheets of paper in no time.
Adobe Illustrator on the Mac can also be used to print large images on multiple pages. To get started:
1. Open Adobe Illustrator (version CS4 or newer).
2. Select “File” from the top menu bar.
3. Select “Print” from the menu bar in order to adjust the print settings.
4. Click on the “Tile” button from the dialog box to configure the settings that will distribute your image on multiple sheets of paper.
5. Select “Tile Full Pages” .
6. Choose “Overlap” as this will ensure your image can be joined and ‘pieced together’ after printing.
7. Set an overlap amount of approximately 0.75 to 1 inch to ensure none of your original image is cropped when printed.
8. Select “Print” from the bottom of your screen to start the printing process and enjoy piecing your work of art together for enjoyment as a poster, banner, or family room sized portrait.
Note: I wouldn’t purchase Adobe Illustrator exclusively for the sole purposes of printing large images, there are other cheaper options that are easier to use on your Mac like PosteRazor or Tiler. This solution is for those that already enjoy Adobe Illustrator on their Mac for other purposes.