When my kitchen remodel was complete I became obsessed with cleaning the kitchen several times a day to keep it looking as good as new. One of the products I became instantly interested in cleaning my tile floor was a steam mop.
After looking at the ones my friends owned and getting their feedback, I had a pretty good idea what I should be looking for in a steam mop.
Multiple steam jets
Washable mop heads
Small head for getting into smaller spaces
Easy to store
What I love about this Haan sanitizing steam mop:
1. 14 steam jets, guaranteed to get the floor steaming hot and clean with this coverage area. Better than most others.
2. Retractable handle so that I can easily store this in a coat closet without getting in the way of anything.
3. No chemicals necessary making this steam cleaner an excellent choice for those of us who do not want to clean the house with harmful chemicals.
4. Haan steamer includes a protective mat so that the floor doesn’t get scorched or damaged while the mop is heating up.
5. Textured microfiber pads are washable and the texture pads do a better cleaning job than the other terry cloth brands. They also hold more water and dirt than their competitors.
6. Quickly heats up.
7. Color changing indicator light.
What I don’t like about this Haan sanitizing steam mop:
1. I wish the head on this mop was flatter to get under some of my other pieces of furniture. It fits nicely under some furniture like the bed and sofa but does not fit under my end tables or buffet server. (Haan now makes a thinner version of this mop. I wish I would have waited a little longer and I would have bought the new one even though it costs a little bit more.)
2. As long as the cord is, it is still not long enough and I find myself unplugging and replugging to do the same room.
3. Does not have a retractable cord which looks messy and gets in the way at times.
4. Refill pads or replacement pads for the Haan sanitizer mop are not easy to find and will have to be purchased on line.
What you should know before purchasing a floor sanitizer:
These are for sanitizing and killing germs, not for “cleaning” floors. You will still need to clean your floors on a regular basis. This only kills germs brought in by pets and shoes. It works great as a floor duster for in between cleanings.
Would I recommend this Haan Floor Cleaner?
Yes, and I have many times!
What I paid:
Where I purchased: