A few years back my mother showed me how to make a lovely Christmas ornament, an angel made with ribbon. This holiday craft is perfect for adults to make for friends, family and co-workers. They are beautiful, and are easy even for those who are craft challenged. This craft also does not take very long, you will be able to whip some up in no time. Here are instructions for my ribbon angel Christmas ornament craft. Hope you enjoy it.
Two to Two & ½ inch Wide Ribbon With Wire Edges (I use and iridescent white)
Small Flower Rosettes (These come in packs in a variety of colors)
Thin Silver Ribbon (For Angel Christmas Ornament Hanger)
Small Plastic Ball (Found in craft store also in packs of more than one, I suggest white or pearl)
Small White Pre-tied Bow or White Rosette (This is for the back of angel to cover up ribbon used for hanging)Scissors
Hot Glue Gun
Optional (Small holiday ribbon to adorn front of angel, we chose white and it says happy holidays)
1) The first step is to make the body of the ornament angel out of your white wire edged ribbon. Cut a piece about eleven inches long. Fold it in half and where the two cut edges meet you twist and gather them together. Later in the craft project this will be where you glue the angel ornaments head.
2) Now to make the wings for your ribbon angel cut another piece of the wire edge ribbon in the color you chose. You will need a piece twelve inches long. Take the piece and fold it to where the cut wire edges meet again. This time gather them where they meet, if you want to you can put hot glue on the part where it is gathered, this will help it hold together when you place the wings on the body.
3) In this step using your hot glue gun glue the angels body, the ribbon of course will be vertical to the angels wings. Glue the wings onto the body horizontally at the top of her body ribbon. You can see in detail in my craft photo.
4) Once the wings and body are glued together you can now hot glue the little plastic ball that will be the angels head. It goes right on top of the body ribbon, where you have it twisted and glued to the wings.
5) Now you are ready to add some of the finishing touches to your ribbon angel Christmas craft ornament. On the front of the angel right under her head you can glue some thin ribbon with a holiday saying or lovely print. We used white ribbon with happy holidays in silver writing. When your angel is complete it will look almost like she is holding these ribbons.
6) Again right under the angels head on the front of the ornament you can now glue your decorative rosette. Glue it right on top of the small ribbons you just added in the above step. I picked a blue rosette since it is my favorite color. You can customize for the holidays or whatever color you prefer.
7) In the last step on the back of the angel you will be adding ribbon to hang her on the Christmas tree. We used a thin silver ribbon. Cut your ribbon seven inches long, fold it over so the ends meet to form a loop. Then right under her head on the back of the ornament hot glue the ribbon. Once the ribbon hanger is dry you are ready for the last touch. Right on top of where you glued the ribbon hanger glue a small pre-made tiny bow or flower. This will cover where you glued the hanger and it also looks cute. It is that easy and they are fun to make. Now you are done with your ribbon angel Christmas ornament craft and ready to use it for winter and holiday decorations.