The foremost among these is the National Merit Scholarship Program. Each year around 1.5 million candidates aspire for this scholarship and about 50000 are benefitted one way or the other. 2500 among the finalist are chosen for $2500 scholorship.The aspirants have to appear and qualify in the preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/ National Merit Scholarship qualifying test(PSAT/NMSQT).
Apart from MNSP, the other significant scholarships are as under:
• AFA Teens for Alzheimer’s Awareness College Scholarship generates one prize of $5000 to the winner of essay writing on Alzheimer disorder.
• Bank of America Scholarships enabling participation in 8 week paid internship program in Washington, DC.
• Coca-Cola scholarship of $25,000 to one deserving candidate.
• 60 Best Buy Scholarships range from $1000 to 25,000 for college bound high school candidates with excellent academic and community service background.
• America’s Junior Miss Scholarship Program provides scholarships of varying amount for girl students through different contests.
• US Bank Internet Scholarship awards 30 scholarships for high school seniors.
• US Bank Internet Scholarship generates 11 scholarships of $5,000 each.
• Signet Classics Scholarship gives away 5 scholarships of $1,000 each to those college bound high school students who write wining essays.
American Planning Association High School Essay Contest, CBAI Annual Scholarships, Youth Foundation Scholarship, Walt Disney Company Foundation Scholarship, Junior Achievement Nelnet Scholarship, Bruce Lee Scholarships, College Matters Scholarship, KFC Colonel’s Scholars Scholarship, Apple Scholarships, The 7th Generation Community Service Scholarships, Al Neuharth Free Spirit Scholarship, Sam Walton Community Scholarships, Proton Energy System Scholarships for High School Seniors at.all.
A student, who is generally and consistently academically acclaimed in his senior school progression, shall never be found wanting in monetary assistance to further his studies. He has only to keep his eyes, ear and mind open to learn and act to get a scholarship. These days, internet has made such endeavour all the more easy.