Self-publishing has never been as easy as it is today. With that being said, selling your self-published book is not always as easy as many make it out to be. However, it can be done and when you learn how to do it correctly, you are giving yourself the best chance to succeed.
Here are 15 tips for selling your self-published book:
1. Make it available-If you want your book to sell, the number one tip is to make it available. While it might sound obvious, many self published authors forget this important step. They write the book but they don’t make it easy for buyers to find.
2. Make it interesting- You need to make sure your book sounds interesting enough that someone would want to buy it. It may be very interesting but if your promotion for it doesn’t display that, you won’t get far.
3. Offer in different formats- This is especially true in today’s world. When you have different formats available, you will make more sales. People want it now and they want it in the format they choose that is easiest for them.
4. Promote locally-Don’t forget that there are many opportunities for you to promote locally as well as on the Internet.
5. Research book distributors online-This will help you find interested distributors and market to them.
6. Sell copies to independent bookstores- This is a great way to get your book out there and noticed.
7. Offer a free book-signing when stores buy your book
8. Offer to do a book signing at the local library
9. Sell your book to stores and shops on your subject matter/ niche
10. Sell it online through your website
11. Use article marketing to promote it online
12. Sell it in person at flea markets, swap meets and other locations
13. Offer bonuses with the book to increase value- this can be the final touch to make that buyer go from a “maybe” to a definite yes as they open their wallet or lay down that credit card to buy your book.
14. Use Squidoo lenses, blogs and other marketing techniques to get the word out
15. Offer an affiliate program- when you set up an affiliate program, you will have other people selling for you because they want to make a cut of the profits. This also increases your credibility and word of mouth advertising. It’s worth the cut that the affiliate gets because these are sales that you would not have made without them anyway.
Now that you have these 15 tips for selling your self-published book, you are ready to go into it a more informed author with the tools and knowledge needed to sell your book. Get out there and get to selling!