Boss’s Day is a celebrated nationally on October 16. Impress yours by honoring him on this day with a gift. Below are seven ideas you can use. Just:
1. Buy his lunch. Who doesn’t like to eat? On Boss’s Day, take your supervisor to his favorite restaurant or dive. Let him buy whatever he wants and pick up the tab.
2. Send him flowers. Unless your boss has allergies, he’ll be delighted to receive a bouquet of flowers. This gift idea for Boss’s Day will put a smile on his face. Roses go over well with most people. Order through a florist for delivery or pick up a dozen at your local Safeway on the cheap.
3. Host a potluck. If you don’t want to foot the bill for lunch alone, organize a potluck. Ask everyone in your unit or department to bring a dish. Make sure at least three of them are something that your boss loves to eat.
4. Make a certificate. This gift idea for Boss’s Day will soften the heart of a man or woman who doesn’t get a lot of appreciation. You can create an inexpensive one using almost any Word application. Give a box of chocolates or gift card with your gift certificate and make sure to award him with some special.
5. Order a gift basket. You can get them in a variety of sizes, styles and themes. Figure out what kind your boss would enjoy and place an order. For you last minute shoppers, take a trip to Sam’s Club or Wal-Mart and pick from their selection.
6. Take over his duties. This gift idea for Boss’ Day is great for a supervisor who listens to complaints all day long and runs ragged around the office. Join forces with a few of your co-workers and temporarily take over his duties. Answer the phones, soothe disgruntled employees and write letters. You might be surprised to find out just how much the guy in the big office does.
7. Pay for a nice trip. Does your boss always talk about going to Florida? Spring for a trip. You can either buy plan tickets only or invest in a package deal with a travel agent. Ask your peers to help pay for this pricey gift and save yourself some money.
These seven gift ideas for Boss’s Day will show the person above you how much you care. Get more ideas by reading A Guide to the Best Boss’s Day Gifts.