I’ve worked in the Adult Entertainment Business business for 7 years now.
I’ve been an escort, a sensual masseuse and a porn star.
I’ve received advice from women who were in this industry before me and I’ve given advice to women who have entered this field after me. There is a constant flow of information that should never be interrupted. That flow of information keeps us safe, it keeps us knowledgeable, it helps us with personal growth and it makes us savvier business women.
It has taken 7 years for me learn the inns and out of adult entertainment, the do’s and dont’s, to cultivate my skills and find my voice in this industry. And the culmination of all those skills now lies here. Ask any adult entertainer one thing she wishes she had before she started this business and she will say “Knowledge. I wish I had a mentor (a woman) to help me.”
In the past two years, there are finally resources for that, women only boards, women written books, ladies networking events and support group.
In oder to be successful in this industry, you have to be able to function as a real business. A smart business owner is constantly researching and monitoring her industry. If you don’t do this now, it’s a great time to start.
Websites You Need
Things To Monitor
- Set Google alerts for national news and your local area. Sex Work, Prostitution New York, Escort Service Los Angeles. It tells you the national and regional climate of our industry.
- Business related forums if you are your own webmaster – GoFuckYourself.com or XBiz.com.
- Your website traffic – monitor analytics and know what is going on. If you see something abnormal from an IP address in a certain area, block that IP.
- Your Alexa data – its an easy way to make sure sites that you link to, link to you.
- Ladies boards and questions on message boards and ladies boards. You can often figure out trends if you read carefully.
Things To Read
- My website: http://escortuniversity.blogspot.com/
- The Internet Escort’s Handbook – Amanda Brooks
- The Business Side of Escorting – J. Roberts
- Turning Pro: A Guide to Sex Work for the Ambitious and the Intrigued
- Belle Du Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl