When buying gifts for the senior citizens in our life, we may sometimes think that’s quite a chore.” What does Grandma or Grandpa need or what would they like”, we may ask ourselves. Many senior citizens have everything already we may be thinking. To help you solve that senior gift giving dilemma, I have come up with a list of what I believe to be 10 of the best gifts that almost any senior citizen in our life would enjoy receiving.
1. Digital Photo Frame: An elderly Aunt that I recently visited had one of these sitting on her table right next to her remote control. Her lights lite up as she went through the pictures in that digital frame, telling me something special about each picture in that frame. She said it made her feel like those children and grandchildren were right there with her watching her favorite TV shows.
2. Digital camera: Why not give that special senior citizen a digital camera so they can take their own digital pictures to put into that digital frame or send via the Internet to their friends and family. These cameras come in many different price ranges so they’re very affordable for almost any budget.
3. Flannel sheets: One may have never thought of flannel sheets as a gift for a senior citizen, but I can assure you that this practical present is a real winner. I gave flannel sheets to my parents as a gift years ago and they were much appreciated. Senior citizens have a tendency to get cold faster then others at times and cozy flannel sheets may give them that little extra feeling of warmth when they crawl into bed.
4. Gift subscription to a favorite magazine or newspaper: This always makes a nice gift and a senior citizen who enjoys reading the newspaper or paging through a magazine will surely enjoy this thoughtful gift.
5. Wii gaming system: This makes a great gift for the senior citizen who enjoys bowling, baseball, golf or any number of sports but may be unable to go outdoors to enjoy them. This gaming system has a number of gaming packages that the senior citizen may enjoy playing with others in the room. You can even purchase exercise systems for the fitness buff. This gift could be something that a number of individuals go together on as a gift for Mom & Dad.
6. Fitness Center Membership: An ideal gift for the senior citizen who enjoys exercising and keeping fit. There are a number of fitness centers out there who cater to the senior clientele to help keep them motivated.
7. Tickets to a favorite sporting event or concert: The senior citizen will remember exactly who gave him or her the tickets as he’s out there in the stands rooting on his sports team or enjoying a favorite concert.
8. Wristwatch with larger numerals: As we get older sometimes it gets harder to see the time on our watches, so why not solve that problem with the gift of a watch with larger numerals for your favorite senior citizen. These types of watches are readily available on the retail market in various price ranges, also.
9. Digital atomic alarm clock: We have one of these in our home. You don’t need to worry about the power going out and having to fuss with resetting the clock. It automatically resets itself. They also automatically update for daylight savings time. There are many different types of these available wherever most clocks are sold so it’s an easy to find gift for the senior citizen.
10. Flowers of the month: Nothing says love like flowers and why not show that love each month or each season. Many florists offer you the opportunity to sign up and prepay for flowers that can be delivered to that senior citizen on a regular basis, either monthly or by the season. That lucky senior citizen will know just how much you care throughout the whole year.
I hope these 10 gift ideas will help the next time your looking for a gift for that special senior citizen in your life.
Source: personal opinion