I love pulled pork barbecue. I could eat it every day. I don’t have a smoker; and the little grill we have just doesn’t do the job. Also, with as many children as my DH and I have, we stay on the go. I have found that cooking a Boston butt in the crock pot satisfies my craving for my beloved pulled pork. It’s also nice to be able to put this in the crock pot and go about my day, knowing that when supper time rolls around I am going to be enjoying delicious pulled pork sandwiches.
Southern Style Memphis Dry Rub
1 Five pound Boston Butt Pork Roast
Homemade Southern Style Barbecue Sauce
1. Wash the pork roast and pat dry.
2. Rub well with Southern Style Memphis Dry Rub and then wrap tightly in foil, place in refrigerator overnight.
3. Place in crock pot and cook on low 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
4. Remove from crock pot, remove foil and place on a baking sheet.
5. Mop with Homemade Southern Style Barbecue Sauce and place under the broiler for 5-7 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and using 2 forks, shred pork into chunks.
7. Serve as is or on a bun, with additional sauce on the side.
Sources: This recipe came from the author’s own recipe files.