This makes approximately 3 dozen Spiced Persimmon Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup persimmon puree (about 3 ripe persimmons)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
1 cup nuts (walnuts or pecans, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line 2 or 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Place the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a sifter, sift into a bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar. Blend with an electric mixer set on medium, until mixture is light and fluffy. Add the egg, persimmon puree, and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is creamy smooth.
4. Using the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients into the persimmon mixture and blend until smooth. Stir in the raisins and nuts.
5. Use a small ice cream scoop to drop the batter by rounded tablespoonful, about an inch apart on the lined cookie sheets. Bake until puffed and browned, approximately 20 minutes.
6. Place cookie sheets on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before using a spatula to transfer cookies to the rack to cool completely.