Your Spiritual Journal Assignment today is to visualize your personal sunbeam.
Are you wondering, “What is a personal sunbeam or why would I want to do this?”
In the true manner of an annoying spiritual teacher, let me answer your question with more questions. “Have you ever felt like a failure? Would an easy way to gain more self-confidence interest you?” “Are you willing to play the childhood game Let’s Pretend?””
Prior to Sunbeam Visualization
On a clean page in your Spiritual Journal write this title, “My Five Best Attributes”.
Try to write five good things about yourself from your perspective, not what others say or think of you. Then proceed to the sunbeam visualization.
Visualize Your Personal Sunbeam
If the concept of visualization is new to you, the short answer is to imagine a grown-up version of pretending. Unfortunately as we “grow-up” we lose much of our pretend power. It isn’t necessary to “see” what you are visualizing to tap into the creative energy of the universe. You only have to believe for the problem to solve itself.
Below are instructions for the sunbeam visualization. Note: I will direct you to look into the sun. The sunlight will not hurt your eyes, because it is pretend sunlight.
1. Inhale life’s breath and exhale negative energy until you feel comfortable.
2. Imagine that you are floating on a puffy cloud.
3. Observe the sun, until you see one sunbeam detach from all the others.
4. Watch it as it swirls toward you.
5. This is your personal sunbeam. It is loving and caring.
6. Feel it wrap around you. Like your favorite childhood blanket.
7. Keep drifting and dreaming on the puffy cloud and absorb loving energy from your personal sunbeam.
8. Ask a question about anything that is bearing on your mind.
9. No matter is too large or small.
10. If you experienced difficulties with writing your good attributes, talk to your personal sunbeam and ask for direction.
11. If a question does not come to mind try: “Sunbeam, what do I need to know today?”
12. Absorb healing energy until you are ready to continue about your life business.
Gain More Self-Confidence
Composing and experiencing the personal sunbeam visualization was the first, and I believe the most powerful visualization I’ve ever created and experienced.
You know me as the Adult Child or an Alcoholic parent. My ACOA mentor assigned the writing of “My Five Best Attributes”. I found that because of an abusive childhood I could not think of even one attribute.
In efforts to find my personal spiritual Light, I composed the personal sunbeam visualization that I shared with you. I designed it to take you deep within your True Self, where answers to all questions are.
After you complete the sunbeam visualization, wait about three days before you journal about the experience. You will meet helpful people, read something or experience a “knowing”. The fact that you know you are loved by your personal sunbeam serves as a powerful tool toward gaining self-confidence.
I wish I were there with you, to see the spiritual light shining in your eyes. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with this easy way to gain more self-confidence. I know I was!
With healing light from my personal sunbeam and encouragement from my helpful people, I gained the self-confidence to begin my writing career. When I wrote the first word of my first book, my moccasins had walked on earth for 50-years!
Are you excited to read additional articles written by this author?