It has been just over ten months since the debut of Super Mario Bros Z, episode 8. Alvin hasn’t revealed much about what will happen, and left his adoring fans with a major cliffhanger. Speculations has lead to many different predictions and thoughts. now, I’m just adding my 2 cents to the pot. I am not claiming to know anything about the production of Alvin’s next episode, and I refrain from asking him about how it is going, we will see the episode when we see it. Now onto my predictions of the possible scenarios.
1. Luigi Saves the Day – During the battle aboard the Doomship, Sonic, Yoshi, and Luigi were turned to stone by Koopa Guard Commander Basilisx. Luigi was wearing the Tanooki (known to most as Squirrel) Costume, which gives one the ability to turn to themselves to a stone statue. This leaves one to think that Luigi may possibly be able to save himself, but we all know from the series that Luigi is also an easy scare, which would explain why he hasn’t done so yet. But I have the feeling that he’ll jump to save his brother, even if he risks himself. This theory to me is the most logical based on the situation, but that doesn’t make it absolute.
2. Fire Sonic Revives – During part of the battle during episode 8, Sonic earned himself and I think Luigi a 1-Up. Everyone who plays games knows what a 1-Up means, you get another try, another life for the character. It’s possible that Sonic may revive just in time to stop Basilisx from delivering the finishing blow to Mario. And with the powers of the Fire Flower, Sonic should be able to easily hold his own against the angry Koopa. With Mario’s help, they should easily defeat him and move on to the next foe. This is a likely theory also, but it has a bit less merit.
3. Shadow Saves Mario – This one would be a long shot, because it would require two things, that Shadow has a Chaos Emerald, and that he wants to find everyone. At the moment, Shadow wants to search on his own, which leaves most to believe that he won’t be back for this battle. I think Alvin himself even said that Shadow won’t appear for a couple episodes.
4. Mecha Sonic Interrupting – This theory I feel is even less likely, simply because Mecha Sonic could possibly do it, but I doubt he wants to go after them empty handed, he’ll want to have the other two emeralds so he can just move onto get theirs and become his super form, Metallix. Plus Alvin said he doesn’t want Mecha Sonic to meet Mecha Mario.
5. Stuffwell to the Rescue – This theory I just thought up, maybe Stuffwell sees Mario about to be sliced up, gains a little bit of heart and tackles Basilisx off of Mario, giving him time to eat the 1-Up Mushroom and continue the fight. This is the least likely thing that could have been planned by Alvin, but it would also be extremely funny if it did.
But, everything remains to be seen until Alvin releases his episode to the world. I hope I gave a few fans something to think about until my next review or Alvin’s work.
Some names and spellings appear to be incorrect, but this is the way they are spelled on the SMBZ Wiki site as well as by the creator of the series.