The holidays are a very challenging time of year for many people who find themselves alone for so many reasons. Whether you are alone across the world in the military, away at college or newly single, you probably need something to keep your spirits up. What do you do to keep from feeling lonely and bored?
1. 1. Call a homeless shelter downtown and ask for the volunteer coordinator and VOLENTEER!
2. 2. Take a trip even if it is local destination; to the beach and stay in the hotel & be “the guest”.
3. 3. Grab two more single folks and have a decadent dinner with great wine!
4. 4. Do something simple and see a movie on opening night, go cruising (not the lewd 90’s connotation ;-0).
5. 5. Put your feet up and turn the music up after eating with friends.
6. Do n o t h i n g – a t – a l l
7. Let your inner chef shine and go to the local farmers market and get some fresh herbs, vegetables and anything else and dazzle yourself.
Just make sure you enjoy doing whatever your doing and do not focus on what isn’t happening now. Do something or do nothing but do whichever you choose well! Now that you know the secret towards how to enjoy yourself throughout this Thanksgiving, start making every holiday a holiday you’re set to enjoy. Whatever you choose to do this holiday season, just make sure it is something that makes you feel better. Moreover, you will be on your way to achieving great things in life I guarantee!