Before purchasing my iPhone when it was first released in 2007, I used my mobile phone strictly for calling people and maybe the occasional text message. However, once I used the new technology that the iPhone provided I was hooked forever!
I cannot image my daily life without using my iPhone. There are several reasons that this technology has become essential to my existence. Below are just some examples of how I use my iPhone daily.
• Looking for a place to eat? Whip out your iPhone and find a nearby restaurant using Google Maps or Yelp.
• Want to count calories? There is an app for that too. Loseit!
• Find a recipe using iFood from Kraft Foods.
• Find a movie showing nearby my location using Fandango.
• Check my symptoms by using WebMD
• I use my phone to check my email for several accounts, both business and personal.
• Keep up with my Facebook friends and upload photos to my wall.
• Monitor my Twitter account and post tweets via HootSuite.
• Don’t forget I can call and text people with my iPhone.
• Report an emergency to my designated recipient when in danger using the iEmergency app.
• Watch television shows and movies on my CBS TV app, NetFlix app, YouTube.com app, AT&T uVerse app, or download movies from iTunes.
• You can play unending amounts of games including such old favorites as Scrabble or Monopoly (this comes in handy when waiting in lines or entertaining the kids when it is time to be quiet in public).
• You can read a book.
• Listen to music on the Pandora app or your favorite playlist on the iPod app.
• Never be without a camera again. You can take photos or videos with the iPhone. I use iVideoCamera to take and share videos online.
• I can pay my bills or check my bank account balances.
• I can update the websites I manage via the Internet and the website CMS.
• Make a to-do list or record a voice-memo as a reminder of things to do once I get to the office or back home.
• I can set the alarm to wake me when traveling.
• Use the timer to log hours when working on client websites.
• I use the calculator to figure out math problems when out and about and the need comes up.
• I can set appointments in my calendar
• Check the weather when traveling.
• Use the flashlight app to see late at night when going to the car.
This is just a small sampling of things I do daily with my iPhone. You can do just about anything that you can imagine with this amazing technology. If you can think of something that it can’t do, let me know and we can try to make it happen!