For any pet parent, there is always room for a new product that could make things easier. Take cleaning up the litter box, for instance- where were we before there was clumping litter? How about life before the chew toy? Let’s not imagine it. Every year brings anticipation for the hot new pet product, and here are ten bound to make our lives as pet parents a little easier:
1. Greet- Me Eat Me Edible Rawhide Treats- Created by Carol Snowden, this line of edible cards is perfect for the dog lover in your life. Want a new way to say “Happy Thanksgiving”? Try the edible card, for $10.95. It comes polly-bagged with its own envelope and measures 5′ x 7″. You can order it online through GreetMeEatMe.com and pay via paypal.
2. Arm & Hammer Disposable Waste Bags- For any dog owner, the idea of always having to having a plastic bag at the ready can be really annoying. What do you do when you run out? Here comes Arm & Hammer to the rescue, coming out with disposable waste bags, looking to help us have an alternative to always having to save plastic grocery bags that can be otherwise too big for what we have to clean up. Log on to Amazon.com, and buy 75 bags for $9.99.
3. Buckarooz- Have a dog that likes to chew on everything, and fine that bones aren’t enough? Check out these deer antler chews that are free range, odorless, filled with calcium that last around a month. These deer antlers packaged for your dog’s consumption are dropped naturally, with no deer being harmed. Sizes range from 4 inches to 11 inches. Prices range from $7 to $28. They can be purchased at your local vet office and pet supply distributors.
4. Petcurean Pet Nutrition- Pet parents know that what you feed your pet is paramount. After the pet recalls that unfortunately cost so many pets their lives, we pet parents are more particular as to what we feed our pets. Looking for some new food? Try these grain and render free, not as processed as other pet foods brand. Even the way the food is packaged is environmentally conscious; the company has reduced their cardboard consumption by 55,000 lbs (almost 90%); their shrink wrap is now 100% recyclable. This brand can be found at specialty pet stores.
5. RC Pet Products’ No-Pull Harness- Training a dog can be hard work, especially when it comes to developing their learned behavior when they go out for walks. This nylon chest panel has a plush inner lining for comfort and is meant for training dogs that like to pull when they’re being walked with a leash. It’s as easy to remove as it is easy to put on, and it’s specifically built to provide nothing but comfort for your dog while it’s being trained. It’s available on RCPets.com for $35.
6.Stella & Chewy’s Food Line- This line of raw, pathogen safe, organic dog food was made by concerned pet parent Marie Moody, when she found that she couldn’t find good organic pet food in stores like what she was making at home. The line includes frozen dinner and freeze-dried dinners that can be found at specialty pet stores nationwide. Log on to StellaandChewys.com to find directions on how to cater their food to specifically meet the nutritional needs of your dog.
7.Schum-tug toys- Sometimes even the best chew toy isn’t enough for your dog. Looking to create stimulating, exciting toys for dogs everywhere, Schum-tug came up with a line of interactive toys, that are made of fake fur and are machine washable. Log on to Schum-tug.com to find a line of exciting tug toys meant to create a great new stimulating way to play with your dog. Note, these toys are not meant to be played by the dogs alone; these toys are meant to create a fun time to be played with both the dog and the dog owner.
8.Anti-lick strip- This new revolutionary product from Nurtured Pets is perfect for those pet parents dealing with a pet that can’t help but chew and lick them self. These strips are made with natural ingredients (such as cayenne pepper) that are clinically proven to stop your pet’s destructive chewing, biting and licking behavior. The bandage is applied using a medical-grade adhesive (like a band-aid); simply place the strip on a part of the body that is a favorite of your dog’s to gnaw at or bite. For more specified directions on how to place the bandage on your dog, log on to Nuturedpets.com.
9. Orvis Pet Travel Set- Talk about convenient! Road trips with your pets can be kind of hard when it comes to feeding them. Imagine being on the highway and knowing you can’t stop to feed them. Now we have this travel set, which comes with a self-contained accessories kit and safely secured eating platform that doesn’t require a lot of effort. Now, you won’t have to worry about food spilling all over your car. Now you can just take out the special bowl out of the bag, fill it up with the accompanying spill-proof containers (perfect for food and water) and let your dog at it. Log on to Orvis.com to purchase this $75 set.
10. Orvis Dog Poop Cleanup/Pooch Power System- Tired of bending down to clean up after your dog? Try this power system, which is cordless and powered by a 22,000 rpm motor. It works like a vacuum, cleaning up your dog’s waste and sucking it into a biodegradable plastic bag. The system itself is $109; bags come in sets of 50 and 100, retailing at $19.50 and $35.00 respectively. Log on to Orvis.com for more information.