With its romantic scenery, cozy brisk weather, and seasonal activities, autumn has a character all its own. Take advantage of the many opportunities for fun date ideas autumn has to offer. Here are ten to get you started:
1. Become photographers for the day. Bring a camera on a scenic drive or hike. You and your date can take turns photographing the beautiful autumn scenery. Bring a picnic along to make the day even more romantic. When you get home, you and your date can compare shots, and you’ll probably have some excellent scrapbook or wall hanging material.
2. Find a local corn maze. Corn mazes are a fun, festive activity that you can only do in the autumn. You and your date can test your problem-solving skills together as you navigate the maze, and maze owners usually provide seasonal snacks and entertainment such as hayrides.
3. Go apple picking. Locate a nearby orchard and spend some time picking everyone’s favorite autumn fruit – apples! When you and your date bring home your loot, you can put them to good use by baking some autumn-inspired treats together.
4. Visit a bed and breakfast. Autumn is an excellent time of the year to visit a bed and breakfast. Not only do these quaint establishments mimic the coziness of the autumn season, they are often nestled in a beautiful, scenic countryside to make for a romantic overnight date.
5. Go Halloween costume shopping. You can’t think autumn without thinking Halloween! Visit local costume shops and thrift stores with your date to put together the perfect Halloween costumes. You’ll have fun trying things on and browsing for deals, and who knows? Maybe you’ll get to wear your costumes together to a Halloween party!
6. Cheer on your favorite football team. Autumn and football are practically synonymous for many folks. Whether from the comfort of your living room or beneath a blanket in the stands, watching a football game is a great way to bond on an autumn date. Step it up a notch by actually tossing a football around together or participating in a pickup game in the park!
7. Get cozy around a bonfire. Autumn is the perfect time to pull on your sweatshirt and snuggle around a bonfire. Whether with a group of people or around your own pit in your backyard, take advantage of a clear autumn night and build a bonfire for a cozy date.
8. Tour a haunted house. As your prepare for autumn’s famous fright fest, local haunted houses are bound to open up. If there isn’t one nearby, dig up some local haunting stories and take your date on a ghost tour of your town.
9. Go to an autumn festival. From Oktoberfest to harvest celebrations, local festivals abound in the season of autumn. Festivals are usually an inexpensive way to try new things, enjoy the autumn weather, and become immersed in seasonal festivities on a date.
10. Visit a pumpkin patch. You can’t have autumn without pumpkins! Go to a local pumpkin patch to pick out your own pumpkin. When you get home, carve your pumpkins together. Not only will you have the perfect autumn decoration, but a great souvenir of your date!
Don’t let autumn pass you by without taking advantage of these fun autumn date ideas. They’ll have you falling in love!