Stressed out? Relax using one of these ten minute stress busters. They help you release your tension almost immediately. Do:
1- Take a shower. The pressure from warm water streaming down on you helps loosen up your muscles. As a result, you feel more limber and at ease. You may also come up with a solution to the problem that’s frustrating you. Why? Writers often swear that taking a shower actually helps them come up with good ideas.
2. Walk around. Want a ten minute stress buster you can do almost anywhere? Take a walk around a block or down a street. Walking for a few minutes boosts your endorphins; the chemicals in the body that make you “feel good”. As a consequence, you calm down and let go of a few of your cares.
3. Knit a square. Knitting isn’t just for grandmas. This hobby not only helps you create fun clothing and accessories, it also unwinds you. The constant movement of your hands distracts you just long enough to clear your head of any troubles. Do this activity for ten minutes while watching a movie and give your self an instant mental break.
4. Text a good friend. Did your boss make you angry? Use this ten minute stress buster. Send a text to a good friend. Vent out your frustrations. After your time is up, you’ll feel much better – and still have your job.
5. Exhale and inhale. Breathing slowly and methodically can reduce your levels of stress. Besides lowering your blood pressure, you increase the amount of oxygen in your body. Exhale and inhale in this way for ten minutes just after a fight with your spouse or child. You’re situation won’t appear as hopeless.
6- Sip on a hot drink. Whether you’re drinking hot cocoa or tea, the ingestion of warm liquid alters your body temperature. By warming up, you go into a temporary Zen. So, sit back, languish over a mug of hot liquid for ten minutes. The affect will help you get out of a funk.
7. Scream into a pillow. Really upset? Employ this ten minute stress buster – scream! Push your face into a pillow. You’ll be in a better state once you’ve let out all of your rage. Just be sure that you’re alone when you do this exercise.
Ready to release your stress? Try one (or a few) of these stress busters. They’ll give you that lift you need to make it through the rest of the day.