If your response to this craft is similar to my own, you’ll be oohhing and ahhhing about this cute apple turkey that I recently found on Disney’s Family Fun website chocked full of fun Thanksgiving crafts for kids. This innovative creation was so engaging to look at, once I saw the picture of it on that site, I immediately decided that I would be doing this Thanksgiving Turkey craft for kids straight away after Halloween.
2 wiggle eyes
1 candy corn
A handful of cloves
Red, brown, orange and yellow construction paper
Hot glue gun and sticks
1. Place your apple with the wide end down.
2. Next, hot glue your 2 wiggle eyes on.
3. You’re then ready to hot glue the candy corn nose on.
4. For the turkey’s mouth poke one of the cloves into the apple, directly beneath the corn nose, and place two other cloves on each side of that center one, just a bit lower.
5. Next, poke your remaining cloves throughout the front half surface of the apple.
6. Cut out your feathers in the various colors indicated in the supply list. You can overlap many of these feathers, or decide on just one of each color.
7. Cut slits around the outer edges of the feathers you’ll be gluing on to create a feathery type of look.
8. Hot glue your completed feathers on to the back of your turkey.
9. Cut out 2 turkey feet to hot glue to the bottom of your turkey and you’ve finished!
This little guy would look great displayed on your Thanksgiving dinner table among the food being served! If you have multiple children, you’ll be making a few of these characters and you could then scatter them in different areas of the table for everyone around your Thanksgiving table to be able to see! If you have 2 kids, this craft is so easy to do and they may like these little guys so much that you’ll find yourself making more than just one each for more to display. Whatever the case, this turkey is no slouch! You’ll want him in plain sight!