With Thanksgiving coming up, there are many ways to get into the spirit and celebrate. I am part Native American, so I am always doing something that has to do with the Native American Heritage every year. One of my favorite things to do with my friends is make dream catchers. So I thought I would do a little how to on how to do a simple dream catcher that even the kids will love to do.
- Netting bags
- Round plastic rims from margarine, ice-cream tubs lids.
- Brightly coloured wool.
- Plastic darning needle.
- Plastic beads.
- Cut out the middle of the lid so you are only left with the plastic edge of the top.
- Then you need to put the net bag over the plastic rim, and pull it tight so that it can’t move around.
- Thread the wool onto darning needle, and thread the hoop, going through both layers of the mesh so it becomes one later instead of 2. continue until hoop is completely covered with the thread.
- Make sure to have a loop at the top of your dream catcher so you can hang it when you’re done.
- Untie a few of the strands at the bottom of the dream catcher.
- Tie 2 strands of string together. You can decorate these strands with beads and feathers and you are done!