Creating a Thanksgiving breakfast for your family and your house guests sets the mood for the rest of the day and helps you welcome the holiday of thankfulness with happiness and pride. Because you’ll be eating heavily later on in the day, you’ll want to keep the breakfast light with something that’s easy to prepare so you don’t have a lot of extra dishes and you have some time to relax between breakfast and the big meal. French toast is an easy recipe to make and clean up after, and adding brown sugar and cinnamon to the mix gives it a nice, holiday taste. Serve it alone or with a small side of fruit salad.
Wheat bread slices
1/8 cup milk
Brown sugar & cinnamon (to taste)
1. Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl. Whisk together with a fork until all ingredients are well-blended.
2. Heat a pan over your stove and use a stick of butter to grease the pan.
3. Coat both sides of a piece of bread in the egg and milk mixture.
4. Place the bread in the pan and toast it until the egg is completely.
5. Re-grease the pan with butter in between slices. This keeps the toast from sticking to the pan and adds flavor to the toast. If your pan is big enough, cook two or more slices at a time.
Serve: with syrup or apple butter. Add a small side of fruit or fruit salad to round out the breakfast and give it a fresh taste.