Thanksgiving is not complete without a sharing of funny riddles and jokes. Luckily, this American holiday gives comic writers and comedians a whole lot of materials to work with. Thanksgiving riddles and jokes generally target hard-luck turkeys and pilgrims. They are presented in the form of tricky and cleverly-crafted questions. Below are some Thanksgiving riddles and jokes, created especially for kids. Eight of the ten brainteasers are created by me; the two (in quotations) are popular folk sayings.
1) Where can one find the world’s biggest turkey?
Answer: The Republic of Turkey
2) What do people do on Thanksgiving Day?
Answer: Giving thanks
3) How many Indians were present at the pilgrims’ Thanksgiving feast?
Answer: None, Native Americans and not Indians (who live in India) were present.
4) “What did the turkeys sing on Thanksgiving Day?”
Answer: God save the kin.
5) Where is the luckiest turkey on Thanksgiving Day?
Answer: At the White House
6) Why do we call the day after Thanksgiving Black Friday?
Answer: Because retail stores are in the black (profitable).
7) Is it true that football games are played on Thanksgiving?
Answer: Yes and No. Football means soccer in most places around the world
8) The longest corporate sponsor of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade is ________.
9) “Why did the police arrest the turkey?”
Answer: They suspected it of fowl play.
10) In protest of President Franklin Roosevelt’s decision to move Thanksgiving up one week, some people famously renamed Thanksgiving to ________.