The 17th edition of CBS’ race around the world will have 11 couples with a previous relationship vying for first place and the $1 million prize. For pictures and interviews on the CBS website click here.
Below is the cast list with commentary based solely on their pictures and nothing to do with their actual characters or performance on the yet to be broadcast show:
1) Andie – 43 and Jenna – 21: A newly reunited birth mother and put-up-for-adoption daughter. Going on a stressful race around the world with someone you share genes with but not anything else sounds like a bad experiment.
2) Brook – 27 and Claire – 30: Home Shopping Network co-hosts and best friends. They seem like throwaway diva babes.
3) Chad – 26 and Stephanie – 23: Athletic 20s uber couple. He’s outdoorsy, she was a teen swim competitor, but will they get along?
4) Connor – 22 and Jonathon – 22: Students that like to sing cappella and crack jokes. Physical tasks won’t be their strength but comic relief will be.
5) Gary – 53 and Mallory – 24: Father-daughter team. He does triathlons and she was Miss Kentucky 2009. She’s probably tougher than she seems and having a strong man on the same team will help them during the physical challenges.
6) Jill – 27 and Thomas – 30: Another couple. They claim they have trouble communicating and she wants to have an “Eat, Pray, Love” experience… isn’t that woman divorced and looking for love as opposed to already being in a relationship? Uh Oh Thomas.
7) Katie – 23 and Rachel – 24: Beach Volleyball player teammates. Two competitive and athletic blonde babes will surely be able to do well if not flirt their way to a high placing.
8) Michael – 58 and Kevin – 20: Asian-American father and son and YouTube sensations. I think I’ve actually seen their videos on YouTube and they’re pretty entertaining. But, if the task is physical or strenuous I can’t see Michael doing well however.
9) Nat – 31 and Kat – 35: Doctor friends and Kat also looks part Asian which would be a TAR first to actually cast 3 Asians on the show. Prediction – Phil won’t be able to tell them apart because of their crazy matching names even though they look completely different.
10) Nick – 26 and Vicki – 26: Biker couple with tattoos and almost matching names. Could be a bad ass couple that will be super competitive.
11) Ron – 43 and Tony – 42: Best African-American friends. One is a choreographer and the other working toward his PhD. Ron looks more athletic but Tony looks solid so if they can communicate well then they could be a tough team to beat.
The Amazing Race 17 will debut Sunday September 26 at 8:30 pm on CBS