Family vacations are always fun, well almost always. It isn’t the actual vacation that leads to the yelling and frustration but rather the journey to your destination. The right car can make all the difference when setting out on cross country adventures. Here are a few cars that are excellent for family vacations and the reasoning behind their selection.
1. Chevy Traverse: this is the car for those families that just can’t seem to leave anything behind when they go on vacation. Despite the fact that many trips don’t last longer than a week or two there is always that family that is so fully prepared that you would think they were moving. The Traverse boasts a massive amount of cargo space as well as lots of elbow room to avoid fighting among those in the back seat. You can buy one for around $30,000.
2. Subaru Outback: Everyone has seen the Subaru commercials on TV and wondered what makes that car so special? Well they’re affordable and versatile. As it turns out the outback is incredibly reliable and can make it through a veritable pantheon of different conditions and terrains. It is also pretty reasonably priced at around $24,000.
3. Honda Accord Crosstour: Think that you have to have a SUV to go on a trip with the family? Think again, the crosstour offers the fuel economy of a sedan with the cargo space of a SUV. The hatchback design offers more cargo space for all your amenities while keeping the price of a fill up lower than that of a SUV. They are also fairly priced at around $30,000.
4. Ford Fusion Hybrid: For those families looking to minimize their carbon foot print without minimizing their fun should look into a fusion hybrid. This car is fuel efficient and has room for everyone. This mid-size sedan offers entertainment features too with the latest voice activated iPod technology. You can purchase one for the low price of around $28,000.
5. Hyundai Elantra Touring: This small SUV is roomy, comfortable, and safe for families that want the best out of their vacation. With all the latest safety features and an excellent warranty this car offers a viable alternative to the traditional minivan or SUV. This car starts out at around $16,000 which is incredibly beneficial for those families looking to save a little money on vacation this year.
Each of these cars ranks high on crash test and safety ratings which can be found at http://www.automotive.com/index.html. While many families are not in the market for a new car during these hard economic times, the options listed are among the best when you take into account their safety ratings and the comfort they will lend to your trip. Always remember that when choosing a car it isn’t about what everyone else says, it’s about what option is best for you and your family and you should always weigh your options carefully and take any advice that you receive into account as it pertains to your specific needs and desires.