You would like to know how to open an online eBay account. eBay is the most popular and largest auction site on the internet. You can buy nearly anything on eBay. eBay sellers sell anything from coins, to games, to electronics, to cars and everything in between. If you are looking to find a deal on something you want, eBay is the place to go.
Things you will need
• Internet access
• Email address
• Credit card-maybe
• Your personal information
1. Go to eBay to open up an account. You will see a link on the top left of the page that says register. Click on this link. You will have to fill out your information. eBay ask you for your name, address, date of birth and email address. You will also have to set up a password and a username. This is a very important step to opening a new online eBay account.
2. If you use Hotmail or live.com as your email address, you won’t have to use a credit card to confirm your account at eBay. This is for people who will use eBay mostly for buying items.
3. Once you fill out your information click on enter to send the information to eBay. They will send a confirmation email to the email address you provided eBay with. You will have to click on this link to confirm you opened an online eBay account.
4. Find the eBay email in your email box and click on it. eBay will give you instructions how to confirm your account. They will send you a confirmation code to put in when you click back to eBay. This will finalize you opening up an online eBay account.
5. Copy down the confirmation and click on the lick that sends you back to eBay. eBay will send you a little pop up survey. You can fill it out if you want to or just leave it for another time. eBay will now inform you that you have opened a new online eBay account.
6. You can now look at items for sale and bid on them. Because you are new, your feedback starts at zero. The better your feedback score on eBay, the more other eBayers will trust you. Do not try to sell on eBay until you have at least ten positive feedbacks on your eBay account. If you do, you will not make as much off your items as you should. Take this from somebody who has been on eBay for years will nearly 1100 positive feedbacks.
7. You learned the best way to open a new online eBay account. Warning-If you get emails from eBay make sure you look in your account under messages before you answer the email. If the email is not in the messages in your eBay account, it is not from eBay. This means the email is from somebody who is trying to access your account. This is very important information for eBay newbies.
• Use a Hotmail account and you will not have to use your Credit Card to open a new online eBay account.
• Do not try to sell right away-to sell you will need positive feedbacks, a PayPal account and items to sell.
• Compare prices you find on eBay with other stores. You can find many things cheaper on eBay. Not everything is cheaper.
• Check out the seller’s positive or negative feedback before you buy an item.
• It is always easier to have a PayPal account when you buy on eBay. You can use a Cashier’s check or money order, but it will take longer to receive your item.
• Will tell you how to correctly open a PayPal account, sell and make money on eBay in the near future.